Skills training is my mid game Interloper priority,

Cooking level 5 more than doubles your survivability

Archery level 5 is OP

Ice Fishing level 5 is relaxing

Fire Starting level 5 is nice long fires

Carcass Harvesting will train itself

And Mending level 2 is well worth the long grind

On 4/21/2017 at 9:03 AM, elloco999 said:

Submitted for your approval: a place on the internet where people respect each other and their opinions. Welcome to... the Long Dark Forums

If you get that reference, you're at least as old as I am and probably older :P

I admit to nothing, my clicking the heart button was merely supporting the aged. ;)

On 4/21/2017 at 10:39 AM, Ruruwawa said:

The beach is mostly, but not completely, clear on day 1.  More stuff washes up after every blizzard.

Is it like sticks, you know some areas get lots and lots of sticks - others not so much?  Hm, maybe I should go and lurk in DP for a while. 

Also, in answer to @WildGPS if I've got that much daylight and nothing to do its time to find the wolves and work on a new jacket, or find the deer, or go and check out that bit of the map you haven't seen yet.  Failing that, I want to say one word to you, just one word.  Sticks.

14 hours ago, Jolan said:

Is it like sticks, you know some areas get lots and lots of sticks - others not so much?  Hm, maybe I should go and lurk in DP for a while. 

I think so.  There seem to be areas where stuff washes up periodically, and other spots I never see anything.  I like DP for beach combing because a) the compact zone makes it quick to check the whole coast line (even as you trek to sticks or the workbench, it's not far out of the way), and b) wolves at the beach are very uncommon -- during the day.  That's on Interloper and voyageur.  Probably not the case on Stalker, and definitely not the case at night even on Interloper/voyageur.

I've only had one, really long, run that I became bored in.  Even then at 750 days I would make my self scout my local area around my base camp at Camp Office.  Like other said you can always pick up sticks and such.  I keep a large supply of firewood in Camp Office and at the nearest fishing hut -- like other said, not reason not to harvest it.

Prior to about day 500 I spent a lot of time building bases in all the zones with enough supplies to rest comfortably when I travel there.  Saved my butt on a few different occasions actually and it's fun to plan out those 'outfitting' trips honestly.

Archived