Obvious question but i don't know if it's been brought up. Is there any chance that this Mona Lisa of a game will have a future option of coop with friends or random people? Honestly this game would be the most perfect coop survival game ever, it's just vs nature not zombies or mutants. Don't get me wrong i still think this game is too damn perfect anyways :)

11/10 

15 minutes ago, CrowdedAplle0 said:

Obvious question but i don't know if it's been brought up. Is there any chance that this Mona Lisa of a game will have a future option of coop with friends or random people? Honestly this game would be the most perfect coop survival game ever, it's just vs nature not zombies or mutants. Don't get me wrong i still think this game is too damn perfect anyways :)

11/10 

Yeaaa... this is never going to happen :)

Enjoy your day !

I have to admit, I've also felt this game has some perfect core aspects needed for a great co-op game. But, I also think the game would lose so, so much of itself by doing that. The whole point is learning to manage your time vs resources vs environment, alone .... and co-op would remove all of that "I'll fish all day, while you gather wood, then you cook, while I mend clothes", etc. Also, the accelerated time involved in all of the actions ...sewing, harvesting, cooking, sleeping, etc ... would have to be replaced with 'real-time' actions if two people were to share the same world. So really, it would mean a complete rebuild from the ground up.

There is another game like this that has co-op .... not anywhere even close to being as awesome as this :) ... but it does exist. "Eternal Winter". I guarantee ... if you own both .... this is the one you will keep coming back to though!

I say, enjoy this games core idea of 'independence' for what it is.

11 hours ago, CrowdedAplle0 said:

Obvious question but i don't know if it's been brought up. Is there any chance that this Mona Lisa of a game will have a future option of coop with friends or random people?

This has been suggested repeatedly throughout the existence of this game.  As far as I know, there have never been any plans for adding multiplayer.  I for one, do not ever want to see it.  Being isolated is one of the core elements of this game. 

The closest we're going to get is maybe some cooperation with NPCs in the story. There might be NPCs in the Sandbox at some point as well, but it'd be nice if they were optional, so as to maintain that 'isolation' feel of the Sandbox that a lot of us would like to maintain if we're given the choice.

It'd be cool if maybe there was some sort of universal item like a bulletin board or a journal that people could interact with. And other players could write stuff and post it, and then eventually when you found it, you could add a little message, as well. 

Archived