Dehydration & Fatigue Death

gwishades

one thing thats always bothered me is dying of dehydration while sleeping or doing other activities. i dont know how this would relate in real life at all...im no medical expert. but i would assume ifi was that dang thirsty or hungry that i would wake up lol. and fatigue death also really bothers me. ive died from fatigue while repairing my clothes and i was some bummed out. i think you should just pass out and if your stats are poor at that time and you dont wake up the you should die(maybe pass out for a lets 2-3 hours). being very fatigued in the outdoors would prove very dangerous, pass out and wake up to a wolf chewing on your leg or in the middle of a blizzard getting buried by snow. in my opinion this makes more sense.

I have a bad habit of forgetting to drink enough, especially around bed time, and the only times I get dehydrated enough at night for it to be significant are when I'm sick. If feels weird how fast the thirst meter goes while you're asleep. I could see it deteriorating at this rate or faster when you have a status ailment like food poisoning or an infection, but I feel like when you're in good condition otherwise it makes little sense to wake up dehydrated

+1 I'm already mentioned it below one of Accurize's YT video.

I'm sure I would wake up before I'm die due to dehydration.

Make the character wake up before his about to die and give him a last chance to drink. If there's no water to drink, then the character going to die anyway. It would be nice to have a last chance to drink. It's not about making the game easier, but more life-like.

One effect of severe dehydration in extreme winter conditions is decreased body temperature (hypothermia) which slows all physiologic functions, including cardiovascular and respiratory systems, nerve conduction, mental acuity, neuromuscular reaction time, and metabolic rate.

Hypothermia is a serious condition where the body’s temperature drops below 95 degrees Fahrenheit (35 degrees centigrade). Also known as exposure when it occurs outdoors, hypothermia is a significant danger during the cold winter months. Hypothermia is actually a bodily defence mechanism against the cold. As the body’s temperature falls, it attempts to protect the brain and heart.

Being run-down, hungry or thirsty can bring on hypothermia quicker.

Some general info how the body breaks down from hypothermia and winter thirst (with mild exertion water intake should be at least 2 litres a day, with heavier exertion 3-5 litres are required).

http://tinyurl.com/lbab8zb

i understand this but i still dont see why i wouldnt wake up....really i can deal with it, the fatigue death bothers me more than anything i still think you should just pass out for a period of time and if your thirst meter was low at that time and your passed out for 3 hours that should lead to death.

Archived