Challenge Save not showing now

Warsaw

Hi, I was playing the Whiteout Challenge and when I went into one of the houses to save (near the garage) it was starting to have a slowdown and once the icon was done spinning to save all the screen went to was a black screen.  Audio however was still present as I was in the house.  I figured this was just an error or something so after I waited a few minutes for the game to come to with nothing happening I exited the game and tried reloading it up.  When I went to go to the challenges again it showed that I have no current game save?  I did a google search and didn't really find much other than to verify my game cache integrity (which I did).  I'm hoping my game save is not corrupt or can be brought back as I had just about everything I needed to start to finish the challenge.  

Any suggestions or ideas on what I should do to bring back the save?  Additionally let me know if I need to provide any logs or anything of that matter.

Thanks

Hope it's something simple.  Challenge saves are restored through the challenge menu not the sandbox menu, so maybe you just looked in the wrong place.

Otherwise you might have to look through your hard drive and see if anything is still there.

Yeah I looked through my challenge menu, not the sandbox (wish it were something as simple as that).  I've enabled Steam cloud saving (which I've always been skeptical of), so I'm hoping that there is a way to restore a previous steam cloud save but I'll be trying to look through my saves on the HD.  Unfortunately though it's not straight-forward with Hinterland Games saves.

Welcome to the forums @Warsaw ^_^

Try going into the game's properties on Steam and selecting "verify integrity of game files". If your save is corrupted but a viable form is on the cloud this should restore it. It's the system I use when playing test branch games since the saves sometimes get bugged out.  

Yeah I looked through my challenge menu, not the sandbox (wish it were something as simple as that).  I've enabled Steam cloud saving (which I've always been skeptical of), so I'm hoping that there is a way to restore a previous steam cloud save but I'll be trying to look through my saves on the HD.  Unfortunately though it's not straight-forward with Hinterland Games saves.

Hey Cekivi,

Thank you on the welcome.  Unfortunately, that was one of the first things I did as mentioned in my beginning post and it did nothing =/.  I looked into my game save folder and it's missing the global file that the other saves have.

So frustrating.  This actually happened to me once before and my buddy it also happened to.  I'm really considering turning off steam syncing of game saves.  I'm not sure if it's on Steam's end or Hinterland's that this error occurs, but I myself have at least incurred it twice now.

Archived