What are your players backstories?

Docterrok

interloper spawn in timberwolf mtn. 

backstory:

Journal entry 1: i am headed from Alaska to Maine with food, and medical supplies. It has only been an  hour and my plane has already started acting funny. First it was air pressure differences, then the compass started spinning circles, then my altitude gauge stopped working. I decided to descend so as to fly on visual (doesn't seem to be a blizzard today). i kept my course the entire time so even if the compass doesn't work i shouldn't be too far off and i can always use the stars if i have to (that is until morning).

Entry 2:

I have been flying for 5 or 6 hours now, gauges still dont work. Daylight has come and i should be getting closer to my destination in the next few hours. Time will tell.

Entry 3:

Where do i even start? I was flying lower in order to see where i was going and a flock of geese flew into the plane. needless to say the plane went down, i parachuted from the plane and now im in an emergency situation. the plane looked to hit at the top of the mountain about a half mile from where i landed but with no climbing equipment there was no chance of me getting there. the moment i landed there was a wolf that chased me (and here i was thinking they were more scared of us than we were of them) anyway i got off the mountain (and away from the wolf thank goodness) found a small hut near the base of the mountain with a note that said the owner was gone (and the place looked like it had been gone for a while). in the emergency state i was in i went ahead and took the hammer and some clothes but i need to move and find better shelter. Maybe one day i will repay him when i can. 

Entry 4: I left the hut and went to a valley nearby. since the rivers are frozen it wasn't hard to cross. i found a barn and a house but nobody seems to be home. there are images of the family in almost every room but everyone is strangely gone. i thought i saw a lake or coastline to the east so i will head that way tomorrow and see if i can find someone.

This got a little long but that is the backstory and first day or two of my current character. Great idea. is there a backstory to any of your characters @Docterrok?

10 hours ago, Mel Guille said:

I like that your plane was taken out by a flock of geese.

it is actually quite a problem that planes are hit by birds. i guess the most common bird would be seagulls if i had to guess but i wanted to choose a bird more likely to be in the area. i guess the only flaw with the birds would be concerning if geese would be migrating at that time but if we assume that the magnetic catastrophe occurs over the course of a few days then we could say that their instinctive migration kicked in as a result (or we could just assume that winter came early and then, blah blah blah science blah blah reasons blah blah, im traveling during migration season).

anyway thanks for the compliment. 

On 4/12/2017 at 10:49 PM, Mortan1234 said:

interloper spawn in timberwolf mtn. 

backstory:

Journal entry 1: i am headed from Alaska to Maine with food, and medical supplies. It has only been an  hour and my plane has already started acting funny. First it was air pressure differences, then the compass started spinning circles, then my altitude gauge stopped working. I decided to descend so as to fly on visual (doesn't seem to be a blizzard today). i kept my course the entire time so even if the compass doesn't work i shouldn't be too far off and i can always use the stars if i have to (that is until morning).

Entry 2:

I have been flying for 5 or 6 hours now, gauges still dont work. Daylight has come and i should be getting closer to my destination in the next few hours. Time will tell.

Entry 3:

Where do i even start? I was flying lower in order to see where i was going and a flock of geese flew into the plane. needless to say the plane went down, i parachuted from the plane and now im in an emergency situation. the plane looked to hit at the top of the mountain about a half mile from where i landed but with no climbing equipment there was no chance of me getting there. the moment i landed there was a wolf that chased me (and here i was thinking they were more scared of us than we were of them) anyway i got off the mountain (and away from the wolf thank goodness) found a small hut near the base of the mountain with a note that said the owner was gone (and the place looked like it had been gone for a while). in the emergency state i was in i went ahead and took the hammer and some clothes but i need to move and find better shelter. Maybe one day i will repay him when i can. 

Entry 4: I left the hut and went to a valley nearby. since the rivers are frozen it wasn't hard to cross. i found a barn and a house but nobody seems to be home. there are images of the family in almost every room but everyone is strangely gone. i thought i saw a lake or coastline to the east so i will head that way tomorrow and see if i can find someone.

This got a little long but that is the backstory and first day or two of my current character. Great idea. is there a backstory to any of your characters @Docterrok?

Yes, my backstory is in a fan fiction called the white shroud, just forewarning you, its brutal.

My survivor, Ilia, has a series of entries in a journal collection here on the forums! (It's super long so I won't spam it) But essentially she's searching for her husband, who disappeared in the region while delivering supplies to a remote part of the island.

The longer winded part can be found here: (aiming for 200 entries, it's on hold at the moment due to Real life obligations. :) )

A Witness to the Quiet Apocolypse

My survivor was a clerk at an exotic pet store in Seattle when the event occurred.  He worked in the tropical aquarium department, and when the power grid went down, so did the life support for the animals under his care.  Well, he was determined not to let that be the end, so he sprinted for the docks with his two favorite octopi under his arms, Tangles and Eighty.  He commandeered a canoe and began furiously paddling north, determined to get to a colder climate, where he could store his friends in a deep freeze until humanity re-invented the self-contained saltwater biosphere.  He wrecked onto the shores of Great Bear island, where he and his solitary friend Tangles - having lived on Tako Sushi for the past week - collapsed onto the ice of the southern coastal highway.

He came to again as an explosion rocked the distant Timberwolf Mountain - pieces of airplane carving across the landscape.  Before his eyes, grizzled bush pilot Will Mackenzie sailed through the air and landed with a great crashing thud onto the spawn point of Jackrabbit Island.  Or it would be a spawn point, but a human being can't actually survive an airborne trip from a mountaintop to sea level, so the results were a bit grisly. (Grisly and not Grizzly, because the startled bear didn't survive the impact either.) 

He had hit the ground so hard that time and causality cracked just slightly, just enough that alternate-universe copies of Will Mackenzie tesseracted out to be deposited in varying positions across the local landscape - one on Skeeter's Ridge, one on the second floor of the Camp Office, at the top of the Lower Dam steps, and so forth.

Realizing that all he had to keep him from freezing to death was a fish-smelling polo shirt and a name tag that said, "Hi, my name is Archibald", he stole the bush pilot's wool socks and disappeared into the icy night.  They say to this day you can hear the sound of a distant man in the wilderness, alt-tabbing to a Youtube video of bunker locations, and cursing the updates that changed their exact position in the years since 2015.

On 4/15/2017 at 7:24 PM, ArmagedDan said:

My survivor was a clerk at an exotic pet store in Seattle when the event occurred.  He worked in the tropical aquarium department, and when the power grid went down, so did the life support for the animals under his care.  Well, he was determined not to let that be the end, so he sprinted for the docks with his two favorite octopi under his arms, Tangles and Eighty.  He commandeered a canoe and began furiously paddling north, determined to get to a colder climate, where he could store his friends in a deep freeze until humanity re-invented the self-contained saltwater biosphere.  He wrecked onto the shores of Great Bear island, where he and his solitary friend Tangles - having lived on Tako Sushi for the past week - collapsed onto the ice of the southern coastal highway.

He came to again as an explosion rocked the distant Timberwolf Mountain - pieces of airplane carving across the landscape.  Before his eyes, grizzled bush pilot Will Mackenzie sailed through the air and landed with a great crashing thud onto the spawn point of Jackrabbit Island.  Or it would be a spawn point, but a human being can't actually survive an airborne trip from a mountaintop to sea level, so the results were a bit grisly. (Grisly and not Grizzly, because the startled bear didn't survive the impact either.) 

He had hit the ground so hard that time and causality cracked just slightly, just enough that alternate-universe copies of Will Mackenzie tesseracted out to be deposited in varying positions across the local landscape - one on Skeeter's Ridge, one on the second floor of the Camp Office, at the top of the Lower Dam steps, and so forth.

Realizing that all he had to keep him from freezing to death was a fish-smelling polo shirt and a name tag that said, "Hi, my name is Archibald", he stole the bush pilot's wool socks and disappeared into the icy night.  They say to this day you can hear the sound of a distant man in the wilderness, alt-tabbing to a Youtube video of bunker locations, and cursing the updates that changed their exact position in the years since 2015.

Damn, that's creative!

I went to a party, got wasted, blacked out, woke up in the middle of the blizzard, in the middle of the forest, in the middle of Canada(how to frack did i got to Canada), with hangover, almost no clothes and sore ass. I have no idea what is going on... Ohh look, nice doggy, take me to your master...

• 2 weeks later...

My character started in a small coastal town up the coast of Great Bear Island. 2 Weeks after the Geomagnetic Storm hit he left the inhabitants of the town who were resorting to drastic measures. He gathered enough supplies that he could and headed down the highway. Stopping in cars to set up camp. Eventually he hit a roadblock and had to canoe around the blockage. The canoe he found on the side of the road was rickity and old. As he carefully paddled around the ice he managed to find a strong ice patch to get off at. He walked back onto the road to see a collapsed bridge. After his long trek he found himself on a patch of old highway with the faint silhouette of a lighthouse in the distance...

My survivor was on a train trip north, by this point, the geomagnetic disaster had already hit (and severely might I add) and lower North America was a wreck. With few options, my survivor took a train (Before we got many details about the Auroras I tended to imagine their effects coming in waves) as it was the fastest way (and easier to access) out of their city. They were fine going north until another wave of auroras struck and the train ceased to function, I imagine somewhere in Canada. It's quickly taken over and looted by desperate survivors.

My character books it because the train is becoming exactly what they want to escape and the Auroras are making people crazier than usual. They escape to Mystery Lake and when my game starts they've just come out of the train tunnel closest to the trapper's cabin. The tunnel collapsed behind them but obviously, they were lucky and escaped. That's where my game picks up, I'm passing 45 days right now. 

Archived