Countdown

Admin

I do have to say - if this is a countdown to an announcement or something, then this was a really really bad idea on hinterlands part.. because they know how much we are anticipating a story mode release. they wouldn't purposely let us down like that?... would they?

That being said. I've fallen so out of touch with this game. I got into it late 2015. and it just got so old. I love it. but it got old. and I kept playing even after it got old. think I have over 300 hours into it now, that's more than any other game on my system. even skyrim. the forums have just become inane rabble and arguing to me, so much so that I don't feel the need to log on for months at a time. it's an odd feeling. the hype is dead for me. still, I can't wait to see what tomorrow holds. I really do hope this game does well though. it truly deserves it. hinterland has created a masterpiece. and I hope I'll be able to get back into it after falling out of touch for so long. I'm gonna go dark for a while now to avoid spoilers - but I'll see all of you on the other side. godspeed.

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, GorillaDust said:

If tomorrow we see (1) a sandbox update, (2) a ton of promotional content for story mode chapter 1, and (3) a release date announcement in July or August, you will know what I was implying by 'conveniently timed newbie'. ;) 

I'm tempted to tease you a little more just for fun, but sadly I am just another regular Joe making guesses based on the information available.  My logic is simply that the countdown is way OTT for a simple sandbox update so there must be something more.  They said the sandbox update is due before story mode release so it's not the latter (assuming they stick to that); the only thing that is significant enough to justify the countdown is a big curtain up on story mode, and hopefully the sandbox update too.  The release date I pulled out of thin air as it's far enough away to crush new bugs and build hype around the reveal, but near enough so the hype doesn't dissipate again.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled guesswork. :)

8 hours ago, GlasWolf said:

the only thing that is significant enough to justify the countdown is a big curtain up on story mode

even Disney says it in advance that a star wars trailer will be released on a certain date and not the film :P

Hey Chaps, another ex-lurker here, this "countdown" business is certainly bringing us all out into the open!

I just wanted to say, that however misleading the countdown has been, and whatever purpose it actually serves, it has achieved in this TLDer at least, an even more rabid sense of anticipation than any previous game update, new animal (is it too late to vote for badgers?), weapon or region.

I love this game, as I'm sure we all do. For me, it's actually got me through some seriously bad times. No other game allows such a rewarding and contemplative experience, that you can set at your own pace.  Whilst I'm amped for story mode, I'm really just after a new region to explore and freeze to death in.

I cannot wait to see what happens in 7H 53M! I'm currently in the countdown to another countdown camp....

So I just wanted to say "Hi", and also say thanks to you guys on this thread, for feeding the frenzy and making the wait more fun

Cheers guys :)

5 minutes ago, WearableBeef40 said:

Thanks buddy! I'm currently fretting that whatever happens won't roll out on the Xbox..... 

I sympathise. I hear you guys generally do have to wait for a week or two for Microsoft to clear the software. But you'll definitely get it at some stage and I could be wrong - they may have pre-cleared with Bill or maybe we won't even get anything today but a new website or a release date! Oh the horror..

Stiff upper lip old bean!

12 hours ago, GlasWolf said:

I'm tempted to tease you a little more just for fun, but sadly I am just another regular Joe making guesses based on the information available.  My logic is simply that the countdown is way OTT for a simple sandbox update so there must be something more.  They said the sandbox update is due before story mode release so it's not the latter (assuming they stick to that); the only thing that is significant enough to justify the countdown is a big curtain up on story mode, and hopefully the sandbox update too.  The release date I pulled out of thin air as it's far enough away to crush new bugs and build hype around the reveal, but near enough so the hype doesn't dissipate again.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled guesswork. :)

Your prediction seemed bang on the money when I read it, considering that there hasn't been enough hype built up around a full game launch ans many of us initially assumed. Your logic is sound. 

Archived