More storage please, sir

piddy3825

Mountaineer's Hut on Timber Wolf has got to be my favorite place to set up camp.  Kinda everything you need all scattered about to get started, but after you get a couple of containers open, all of sudden your space starts looking well lived in...  The 40 kilo hatch and 5 kilo drawer just aren't enough storage so, some shelves and containers would be nice additions.  I could see a metal container under one of the beds and maybe a plastic container or two tucked away under the other bed or just setting on the workbench.  maybe an old backpack or two mounted on the wall, functional as storage and decorative as well.  A couple of wall lockers next to the door would do the trick.  

thanks for reading!

while I agree with you, have a look at @Timber Wolf posts. there was one about Walmart being open for business I believe.  You will see all kinds of creative storage ideas. :-)

Don't forget you can store more at the nearby hut as well. It's a short walk. I keep a bedroll, hatchet/prybar, some water, food, plenty of wood, hooks, line, etc. there as well as First Aid supplies. When cabin fever sets in, I take a stroll over there and light a fire then fish a bunch....Works well, when you have a bow and are a decent shot, the deer, bear, and wolves around it are good eating too![spoiler/]

I agree the storage is limited, but do not agree that more should be added.  Having limited storage in the Mountaineer's Hut is one of the trade-offs you make for staying there.  Just like staying in the dam means using a bedroll, or staying in the gas station means being surrounded by wolves most of the time.  Every location has advantages and disadvantages, which I think provides for more interesting game play.

As @AZHockeyNut mentioned, I was able to find places to put quite a large load of loot.

14 hours ago, AZHockeyNut said:

Hide contents

Don't forget you can store more at the nearby hut as well. It's a short walk. I keep a bedroll, hatchet/prybar, some water, food, plenty of wood, hooks, line, etc. there as well as First Aid supplies. When cabin fever sets in, I take a stroll over there and light a fire then fish a bunch....Works well, when you have a bow and are a decent shot, the deer, bear, and wolves around it are good eating too![spoiler/]

Yeah... facepalm...  It came to me shortly after my post, fishing hut has storage...   ha ha, now that you mention it, new challenge is to spend 100 days living in a fishing shack!

8 hours ago, Timber Wolf said:

I agree the storage is limited, but do not agree that more should be added.  Having limited storage in the Mountaineer's Hut is one of the trade-offs you make for staying there.  Just like staying in the dam means using a bedroll, or staying in the gas station means being surrounded by wolves most of the time.  Every location has advantages and disadvantages, which I think provides for more interesting game play.

As @AZHockeyNut mentioned, I was able to find places to put quite a large load of loot.

Not complaining mind you about tradeoffs... just had a little different vision of what I would expect to find considering the Mountaineer's Hut was most likely used as a permanent base camp of sorts that climbers and hikers most likely utilized year round.  I would expect that besides the cots and workbench they would have installed a couple of lockers.  That would seem to be common practice in many parks public works projects.  So considering that many people probably frequented that area I would expect at least somebody would have left behind an empty plastic container or two as well.  

On 4/11/2017 at 3:12 PM, Timber Wolf said:

Not Signal Hill, it's literally the best place to live.

2 minutes ago, Timber Wolf said:

It's proximity to a forge is a drawback.

True, but you can live there for a solid 200-300 days before running out of tools if you use them wisely and store your meat outside, usually, I just dismember rabbits without tools, I've lived in signal hill for 400 days so far.

Archived