Fluffy!!!! *spoiler*

mattyboi

Following topic discusses the worst kept secret in TLD, so if you're new to the game and don't want spoilers, consider yourself warned!

Okay, I just had a (non-pilgrim) sandbox where I got no Fluffy in Carter Hydrodam. Is this a bug or have I just not played the game enough to realize that this is a thing (or not a thing, as it were)? If not a bug, do the odds of a Fluffy spawn change depending on difficulty level? Also, will she spawn at some later point in a sandbox if she does not appear initially?

I admit I was a bit disappointed as I was really hoping to get that pelt...

I once searched all through the Upper Dam (on Voyageur, I think) without coming across the Fluffster. Then after clearing out the Lower Dam I went back to retrieve some more things from Mystery Lake before moving on to Winding River, and I got jumped by the blighter on my way back through.

I'm not sure if I somehow missed her when I first went through, if she was hiding somewhere, or if she can not spawn one time but then later. Don't know. But it's a word of caution for you in any case.

17 minutes ago, mattyboi said:

I actually like having Fluffy there, as I can take my time harvesting her without having to worry about freezing.

I find her a bloody nuisance!

She's the only wolf that I will actively make a point of killing (oh, plus the one in the cave at DP, maybe), and she scares the crap oout of me every time I go in there until she's dealt with. The darkness inside makes her really awkward to shoot at: I've found myself perched on top of one those raised platforms in the big downstairs room, light sources scattered about so that I see where she is, taking pot shots at her with the rifle as she scampers around the floor below! Worst part is, every time you fire the gun in that place you get a horrible ringing in your ears for about 30 seconds afterwards!

Yeah, I don't usually have major Fluffy problems; once you get a feel for how she operates you can usually get her into a funnel like a hallway or on the catwalks or so forth and it becomes relatively simple. Also, worst case scenario, Carter is usually a good please to heal up from a wolf attack because you don't have to worry about the weather and you can usually find at least some food/liquid/first aid there, so worst case she's a nuisance, best case she's free food/pelt/guts.

I guess if you play interloper regularly it may be a different story...

Archived