Unable To Interact After Wolf Struggle

Ryal

Good evening, Hinterland.

In my latest session currently taking place in Coastal Highway, I used a flare to scare off a wolf. Further down the path, I encountered the same wolf and decided to use my flare gun instead when it started snarling. I pressed the '2' button, which made me drop the flare and equip the flare gun like normal. I fired, and the wolf ran off. I picked up the flare that I dropped. Even further down the path, the same wolf confronted me one more time. After an unsuccessful brandish of the same flare, the wolf charged and pounced, but I was able to fend it off with my knife.

Upon standing, I discovered that I was unable to pick up my flare from the ground. I couldn't equip a light source or weapon using the shortcut keys, radial menu or inventory screen. I could not start a fire in the same ways. And I could not enter a nearby trailer by clicking its door. Reloading my save file from the moment directly after the Struggle seemed to solve the problem from my perspective, but I am mystified as to how it happened in the first place.

Perhaps I right clicked the mouse to brandish my flare again at the very same instant that the wolf pounced and initiated the struggle, which caused some kind of system conflict? Please let me know if you need more information, and I will try to be as helpful as I can.

Archived