For the benefit of Mr. Kite

Cantousent

Sorry, no show tonight.  Just me.  Cantousent

I've put in some 400+ hours of tremendous fun playing The Long Dark.  The improvements to all aspects of the game, from graphics to mechanics, only serve to make me want a true story mode experience more.

The exploration and surviving aspect are great where players are forced to live with the consequence of their actions.  Even so, the game is sufficiently forgiving of mistakes that the single auto-save has not been truly vexing.  From starting in a random location, finding that first safe warm place, go forth in search of better clothing gear, outfitting for the winter climate and terrain, establishing a lasting base, hunting for meat and pelts, and finally managing your resources in order to ensure you can live off the land for the foreseeable future are all wrapped into one superb package.

However, it's ridiculous that there hasn't been more word on story mode since December.  The premise, the backdrop, and the eerie isolation of the game all cry out for a fully fleshed out story.  Get to crackin' on it, Hinterlands!  It would be a shame to let such wonderful potential go to waste!

On 4/7/2017 at 2:22 PM, Cantousent said:

Sorry, no show tonight.  Just me.  Cantousent

I've put in some 400+ hours of tremendous fun playing The Long Dark.  The improvements to all aspects of the game, from graphics to mechanics, only serve to make me want a true story mode experience more.

The exploration and surviving aspect are great where players are forced to live with the consequence of their actions.  Even so, the game is sufficiently forgiving of mistakes that the single auto-save has not been truly vexing.  From starting in a random location, finding that first safe warm place, go forth in search of better clothing gear, outfitting for the winter climate and terrain, establishing a lasting base, hunting for meat and pelts, and finally managing your resources in order to ensure you can live off the land for the foreseeable future are all wrapped into one superb package.

However, it's ridiculous that there hasn't been more word on story mode since December.  The premise, the backdrop, and the eerie isolation of the game all cry out for a fully fleshed out story.  Get to crackin' on it, Hinterlands!  It would be a shame to let such wonderful potential go to waste!

Welcome @Cantousent! Glad you've adapted so well to the single-player, permadeath foundation of the game. It's a core principle of the current Sandbox experience. And a fully-fleshed out Story Mode to stand alongside it is our goal, as it always has been. We'll be sharing more details soon. Thanks for joining us here. 

Archived