Books on interlopper

exeexe

Remove gun books and replace them with other books

There can also be books for mending +3% defence after you repair strong items? and books for melee fighting wolves. Maybe there can be a lvl 6 for firemaking. A lvl 6 fire will scare a bear.

+1

It's pretty silly to have the two hardest-to-reach books in the game (bottom of the ravine, top of the summit) both be 'Advanced Guns, Guns, Guns' books, which is what I found on my current Interloper playthrough.

Also looking forward to mending and archery books being implemented in the next update (I hope)

9 minutes ago, GorillaDust said:

It's pretty silly to have the two hardest-to-reach books in the game (bottom of the ravine, top of the summit) both be 'Advanced Guns, Guns, Guns' books, which is what I found on my current Interloper playthrough.

Nah, that's perfect interloper: "Here's what you could have won; so long sucker."

books on an game mode, seem same. pilgrim i get sim issues, when you go to read the book it says you have skills already?

maybe not bad - least there are other books to find elsewhere if you miss one, was my thoughts

10 hours ago, exeexe said:

Remove gun books and replace them with other books

There can also be books for mending +3% defence after you repair strong items? and books for melee fighting wolves. Maybe there can be a lvl 6 for firemaking. A lvl 6 fire will scare a bear.

I don't know about having instruction manuals for melee fighting wolves. 

Who would've written a book like that before The Event? It would just be one word: Don't. 

1 minute ago, Pillock said:

I don't know about having instruction manuals for melee fighting wolves. 

Who would've written a book like that before The Event? It would just be one word: Don't. 

Maybe a "wolf fighting" book wouldn't be the best idea. But I do like the idea of a general book about wolves that would improve your defense against them, maybe even make melee more effective.

• 2 weeks later...

@Pharose: These magazines are brilliant. It seems that the guy on the cover is always the same. How does he manage to get into fights with all these animals? And the girl is the same as well. She also seems to be wearing the same outfit to every calamity. I can picture their Sunday morning conversation:

Man: Hey darling, it's Sunday! Why not go out into the wilderness for a little adventure?

Woman: Fantastic! But not again to that swamp we went to last time - the one where we were attacked by the Snapping Turtles.

Man: Haha, I remember that! How I bled! And you fainted! Good thing I had my hunting knife with me.

Woman: Yes. Let's instead go to that other swamp we read about in the newspaper.

Man: You mean the one where people claimed to have seen a gorilla?

Woman: Ahahaha! Yes, that one! A gorilla, can you believe it?

Man: Haha! Hahahahaha! A gorilla! Where would a gorilla come from in these parts? Haha! Well... not to worry - I'll just bring my hunting knife again! Haha!

Woman: Ahaha! And I'll put on my blue skirt and red shirt! No bra, of course!

Man: Hahaha! Let's go then!

@SteveP I think these are supposed to be wolverines?

9db1af44a95e2e6d3faa775f7ee7f66b.jpg.70a2b1182d443c6deec176439b70aa55.jpg

@Hotzn I think this situation is my favourite:

mans-life-1958-01-jan-cover-by-wil-hulsey-8x6.jpg.4b4723f834ca57abca3f89c21c5c6d93.jpg

Woman: Oh dear, it appears that these crabs are quite hostile!

Man: Yes indeed, shall we keep on moving so that we don't get surrounded by them?

Woman: Screw that, I wore my ripped cleavage shirt today! Let's kill them all!

I must say that she really seems to enjoy the snapping turtles; notice the dreamy look on her face? I don't know what it is about turtles but I must remember this tip for the next time I have a date in the swamp. Also I'd like to know where you can find the crabs; those would be delicious! What a date!! Sea food!! Yum! Turtle soup!! This guy is so lucky and his date seems to swoon a lot. She must love that shirt a lot; poor dear can't afford to replace it and its quite torn. If they didn't spend so darn much time in the water, their clothing would certainly last a lot longer. Do you ladies often have fantasies like these?

I think the whole "damsel in distress" is more of a male fantasy than a female fantasy but this woman seems to be severely addicted to danger:

Man: "Cheryl!! What did I tell you about the island full of sexual-assault monkeys!?"

01a94f8cd1bef0bec1160a2c88eeac9b.jpg.7e3e2fd68d6e51649d7a51abeca62c76.jpg

Man: "Jesus Christ Cheryl, how do you find these things?!"

65ee1d364229c6b1ceadb28d3577b395.jpg.b7070b58214cf0ef36228a559b5f073e.jpg

"I think you should try wearing something that isn't red..."

main-qimg-0b023a3742c21edfb2b56454101e405d.png.27517cb0534fb4e40684075e687e6e32.png

"ANOTHER Fucking giant snake?! Freud is going to have a field day with this!"

c06c51d6375f78ab4cb65431d71033b7.jpg.d076b2cba8ba02eed4f8eaef52bccae9.jpg

"No Cheryl, just because they're herbivores doesn't mean that they're friendly, especially the mad-eyed one with the broken tusk! Wait what are you doing? Cheryl come back- GODDAMIT CHERYL!"

3c499ee0b4d81c3ccd95e3b3386ccf67.jpg.9f18ff2270afe88518fcce35ab29930d.jpg

"I am SO fucking done with this..."

c4c20646168c78cf24e591880cd4c156.jpg.39e15c9c7c21471bd418afd22a2b1954.jpg

Archived