Stuck in small alcove on mountain face in Desolation Point

Mugger

Hi,

I am running the game on a PC and the game was from GOG,

The challenge I am doing is to spend 3 days in each location,

So far I have finished 6/15 with some time in other locations,

My character is stuck in a small alcove at the end of a ridge that runs along a cliff face just outside the Old Island Connector No 3 Coal Mine at Desolation Point (turn right after leaving the coal mine takes you to the cliff edge),

If you turn right after leaving the coal mine in the mountains and walk to the cliff edge and turn right again - the alcove is at the end of the ridge,

It would appear when you enter the small alcove you actually step down slightly but unfortunately it is too high a step to get back out,

Also I rested after entering the alcove - so no save way out :(

This character has been going for 79 days now (not a lot compared to some) and I would hate to have to start again but if I have to then I have to,

Just thought it should be reported

58e26447d0727_screen_(86831073)_d70dac7c-9903-44a8-ae5e-10f9ae89d996.thumb.png.4c1096f547bd940f4391e7f2370a20ec.png

TLD output_log.txt

10 hours ago, Mugger said:

Hi,

I am running the game on a PC and the game was from GOG,

The challenge I am doing is to spend 3 days in each location,

So far I have finished 6/15 with some time in other locations,

My character is stuck in a small alcove at the end of a ridge that runs along a cliff face just outside the Old Island Connector No 3 Coal Mine at Desolation Point (turn right after leaving the coal mine takes you to the cliff edge),

If you turn right after leaving the coal mine in the mountains and walk to the cliff edge and turn right again - the alcove is at the end of the ridge,

It would appear when you enter the small alcove you actually step down slightly but unfortunately it is too high a step to get back out,

Also I rested after entering the alcove - so no save way out :(

This character has been going for 79 days now (not a lot compared to some) and I would hate to have to start again but if I have to then I have to,

Just thought it should be reported

58e26447d0727_screen_(86831073)_d70dac7c-9903-44a8-ae5e-10f9ae89d996.thumb.png.4c1096f547bd940f4391e7f2370a20ec.png

TLD output_log.txt

Welcome :)

Did you try going left and right or just simply playing around with it a bit? You probably have, but most experiences I've had I just try to move around forward/backwards/left/right.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks for the reply,

But yep I have tried all what you may call the standard efforts,

Moving side ways, moving backwards, running at it and also dropping everything I was carrying,

Even tried sneaking up on it when I thought it was not looking ;)

But alas no joy,

But I do appreciate you taking the time to try and help,

3 hours ago, FINDarkside said:

Hi, if you want I can move you out of there if you post or pm me your save file. Save files are usually located in 

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Hinterland\TheLongDark

When you stuck, the best thing that can do is take a snapshot for dev people and take off the game, so you will start in the last save game. The save files could be a little problem when they sincronize with steam servers.

Archived