Melee.

Thor

No.. you misunderstand me I think. I don't want to put on a weapon *during* a struggle. I want to put a weapon of sorts on period. So it doesn't get to the point where I have to struggle with a wolf. Just bash its head in with a rock, or hatchet the wolf, or stab it with a knife or a spear. Complete lack of melee just.. bothers me. I'm sure I am not the only player that feels this way.

I agree... I have a hatchet, a knife, a crowbar, but when a wolf stalks up on me all i can do is wrestle it and punch it? I would travel with the hatchet or knife in hand and if a wolf came up on me bash its skull in or stab it in the throat when it gets on top.

I don't mind it right now for the most part, but having a deer not notice you when you're right near it, or somehow cornering it and being able to attack it would be great. It could be tricky or nearly impossible. I'd just like the option of TRYING to get my meat somehow when the rifle's done

im not sure if i see them doing a melee system in this game....right now there's not even a character model so that would first have to be done before melee could be implemented. it doesn't really bother me that badly right now either, i do understand where your coming from though. i could however see them adding a makeshift bow to the game where you could retrieve your arrows or even a crossbow. myself im on day 25 right now, i have about 15 bullets remaining and after i run out of ammo i dont know how i will get some more food so a bow n arrow would definitely be nice.

Well I hope they do add it. I like the look and feel of the game. I think the concept is awesome. But I just have to have melee :P So in the mean time I will just wait and occupy myself with some other stuff.

Archived