Beautiful one day, under water the next

A friend of mine was originally supposed to be going to Airlie Beach tomorrow for a holiday but it's not looking so great after Debbie crossed the coast there.

The cyclone degenerated into a tropical low and proceeded to track south flooding an area over 1200km long before moving back out to sea.

Yesterday my area copped between 300mm - 500mm of rain which has produced record flooding. Further south they received 750mm. In one day.

It has been chaos. Schools are closed, many roads cut, mass evacuations carried out, people feared dead. Incalculable damage.

(Please do not +1 this post)

2 hours ago, mystifeid said:

A friend of mine was originally supposed to be going to Airlie Beach tomorrow for a holiday but it's not looking so great after Debbie crossed the coast there.

The cyclone degenerated into a tropical low and proceeded to track south flooding an area over 1200km long before moving back out to sea.

Yesterday my area copped between 300mm - 500mm of rain which has produced record flooding. Further south they received 750mm. In one day.

It has been chaos. Schools are closed, many roads cut, mass evacuations carried out, people feared dead. Incalculable damage.

(Please do not +1 this post)

Stay safe down there, @mystifeid. We'll be thinking about you guys. Hang in there. 

Archived