On Twitter? Help guide a new survivor through The Long Dark

Hey everyone! We're running a little experiment over on our Twitter right now: a journey through The Long Dark where the survivor's decisions are guided by votes from the community.

Twice a week we post a short summary of where the survivor is at now, and hold a vote to determine how they should proceed next. All the posts are threaded together so a follower can easily see how the story has progressed so far and vote in the most recent poll, which is open for 24 hours.

If you've got a Twitter account, we invite you to join in and find out see how long a democratically-managed survivor can get by in the Canadian winter wilderness.

We just posted a new poll this morning and there's still plenty of time left to vote.

You can also jump to the first post and read through from beginning.

We haven't tried anything quite like this before, so let us know what you think!

001Intro512px.png

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I know :) What I mean is that in my opinion the "master" should push the situations, she/he doesn't let the character decide everything. Of course all of this can impact survival but when you play the game the thrill is different.

It's been three weeks, I know I'm a "pro" player but maybe a change of pace would be appreciated by a lot of people. I don't want to take on every poll but for example on the last one the food option by itself gives you with little game time movement and no room to shock the players with "so this are the consequences". The fire also is strange because it gives us another loop. I remember my first experiences as way more fast, "punishing", wonderfull etc :)

I've actually been enjoying the pace,  but then I also used to do crazy things like play games via snail mail.  This is speedy.  Hopefully we don't get eaten by a wolf on the way to the cluster of buildings dum, dum, DUM!!!!

11 hours ago, Jolan said:

I've actually been enjoying the pace,  but then I also used to do crazy things like play games via snail mail.  This is speedy.  Hopefully we don't get eaten by a wolf on the way to the cluster of buildings dum, dum, DUM!!!!

I don't have the patience for snail mail but I am looking forward to when my thesis is done and I have the time to start another Paths of Glory play by email game with my friend in Europe ^_^

23 hours ago, cekivi said:

I don't have the patience for snail mail but I am looking forward to when my thesis is done and I have the time to start another Paths of Glory play by email game with my friend in Europe ^_^

ah, but that was when snail mail was the only game in town.  Now, if I can't chat or skype - fugitabowit

@cekivi I played D&D with some folks in Denmark and Wales for a while and Metamorphisis Alphi and a homegrown D&D like game with some guys stationed in Germany and unspecified locals under the sea. Oh, and War In The Pacific with some guys stationed in Iceland, though in truth I think they included me simply because they wanted someone to move counters in their map room. :D 

Archived