Firearm handling

i8turky2

I would love to see a little more realistic firearm handling. Its always amazed me how steady the protagonist can hold the .303 O.o it would be nice to introduce a swaying mechanic which could be reduced by crouching, leveling up the gun skill, or even by going prone or holding your breath. Ive spent a few years hunting and using firearms regularly and when i first begun i had more trouble holding my rifle steady expecially standing up. The more experienced i got the more tips and tricks i learnt to combat the swaying effect that you get while aiming :)

Would love to see a scope added also. A .303 is a very capable sniping tool. 

Introduction of a reloading station would be good to. Maybe make it like the forge keeping them rare maybe only one in game.

Thanks guys :D

PS: Where are all the does? Dont tell me the geo-magnetic storm wiped tham all out :P

10 hours ago, cekivi said:

Gun sway should be dependent on exhaustion level. The more tired you are the harder it is to aim.

I have noticed that I hit things better when I'm not exhausted, so perhaps they've already incorporated the percentages, just not the visuals?

7 hours ago, CalNieDaGtarGuy said:

When you're exhausted, the sway is far too obvious for me. Is there something wrong with your game?

it always sways, I have tremors in my hand.  I compensate by leading the critter as it walks - very little sway then.  Perhaps I'd misread the initial entry, I thought someone had said there wasn't swaying sorry :) 

I think that a gun handling system like in Escape from tarkov would fit nicely because what if you have a rifle in low condition like >50 and you fire at a bear and you charge the next bullet and fires your 2nd shot and the bear is now 2m from you and you tries to eject the next bullet but it got stuck and you just got into a struggle with the bear.

I think that would be really nice in this setting to show that if you don't have your equipment in top shape then you shouldn't rely on it to save your life and/or to show that not even man-made things will save you in mother nature.

So maybe if your gun gets wet from maybe if it's snowing or if your jacket and gloves are wet the water on/in your gun freezes and it might jam when reloading/chambering a new round so this can make a difference in the game because this will make the bow a more reliable weapon because there's no internal mechanics that can freeze or jam.

I have more to write but I hope that at least 10 of you guys that hopefully read all this understand where I'm going with this and that you will help me develop this and maybe even a dev/mod likes this and if all goes right this might get added to the awesome experience that's called The Long Dark

7 hours ago, Reahs said:

I think that a gun handling system like in Escape from tarkov would fit nicely because what if you have a rifle in low condition like >50 and you fire at a bear and you charge the next bullet and fires your 2nd shot and the bear is now 2m from you and you tries to eject the next bullet but it got stuck and you just got into a struggle with the bear.

I think that would be really nice in this setting to show that if you don't have your equipment in top shape then you shouldn't rely on it to save your life and/or to show that not even man-made things will save you in mother nature.

So maybe if your gun gets wet from maybe if it's snowing or if your jacket and gloves are wet the water on/in your gun freezes and it might jam when reloading/chambering a new round so this can make a difference in the game because this will make the bow a more reliable weapon because there's no internal mechanics that can freeze or jam.

I have more to write but I hope that at least 10 of you guys that hopefully read all this understand where I'm going with this and that you will help me develop this and maybe even a dev/mod likes this and if all goes right this might get added to the awesome experience that's called The Long Dark

Didn't I read this just a second ago?

Deja vu! The matrix just changed!

For those reading this comment means 2 things

While condition of rifle, to some degree, is relevant, we are not dealing with modern semi- and full automatic weapons, that jam every chance they get. Its like AK-47 vs M16 all over again.

And wooden bows(especially strings) lose their elasticity under low temperatures. Especially if they are makeshift ones, that havent been properly prepped and crafted.

Archived