A couple of aesthetics for achievements

ReploidX9

When I say achievements, I'm not talking about Steam achievements, I mean the in game ones (feats and badges).

So my ideas are as such:

- See completed badges as patches on the bag; So as you complete the challenges and earn the badges for them, they show up on your bag in your inventory screen

- Selected feats are pins on the bag; Same as before, the two feats you activate for your run could be shown as pins on your bag when in the inventory screen

They're not gamechanging, but just tiny details that I think will add to the game, kind of like in Nier Automata where you can surf/skate down sand dunes and running into bushes actually trips you (as annoying as it is).

I would love to see the steam achievements added to the game itself rather than steam so that users on xbox or other systems could have the same. Maybe they do but I don't use it on there so I would not know. It's a cool idea though. Like Scout patches from when we were kids lol.

4 hours ago, ReploidX9 said:

When I say achievements, I'm not talking about Steam achievements, I mean the in game ones (feats and badges).

So my ideas are as such:

- See completed badges as patches on the bag; So as you complete the challenges and earn the badges for them, they show up on your bag in your inventory screen

- Selected feats are pins on the bag; Same as before, the two feats you activate for your run could be shown as pins on your bag when in the inventory screen

They're not gamechanging, but just tiny details that I think will add to the game, kind of like in Nier Automata where you can surf/skate down sand dunes and running into bushes actually trips you (as annoying as it is).

Interesting idea! Something more tactile than seeing the Feats in your pause screen? 

1 hour ago, AZHockeyNut said:

I would love to see the steam achievements added to the game itself rather than steam so that users on xbox or other systems could have the same. Maybe they do but I don't use it on there so I would not know. It's a cool idea though. Like Scout patches from when we were kids lol.

Achievements like the ones on Steam will be available on Xbox One at launch -- for that platform it's the most ideal time to add them. 

Achievements should come with some reward, thats I hate from steam achievements, I don't need them, I don't want them, I don't care about, but if they come with a reward thats has a different taste.. I always thought that TLD actualy has achievements (feats that when complete you can activate with every survivor). Show the achievements in the bag, with a pin, is not a bad idea, It's like boys scouts ;)

On 27/03/2017 at 10:28 PM, Patrick Carlson said:

Interesting idea! Something more tactile than seeing the Feats in your pause screen? 

Pretty much. Just something that makes you say, "Oh that's cool" and just appreciate it for being there

Every player is different. When I started playing the achievements and steam badges were something that I could strive for and helped me learn the game. Now that I am a more experienced player...600+ hours, I would do them again, on a harder level to try to better my scores, but I cannot unless I wipe things out which I do too want to do.

The ones that bring you bonuses should be tougher but seeing them more than on a pause screen would be cool yeah. You have a lot of creative artists I am sure they could devise something cool. 

I use these to push myself in the game not sure others do but it's all a part of why I play. 

On 27/03/2017 at 6:04 PM, ReploidX9 said:

ReploidX9

I play on the Xbox One Game Preview mode and there are currently no achievements you can unlock which kind of sucks because you can set achievements as your background on your home screen and if the achievements looked as good as the backdrops I would feel a lot better when my console turned on.

?

1 hour ago, henroe32 said:

I play on the Xbox One Game Preview mode and there are currently no achievements you can unlock which kind of sucks because you can set achievements as your background on your home screen and if the achievements looked as good as the backdrops I would feel a lot better when my console turned on.

?

@Patrick Carlson mentioned before that the x-box will have achievements once the game is out of early access. For now it is far easier for the dev team to not have them due to the nature of the console development cycle.

Archived