Wolves playing

Shane Retter

I know, I know ... it's a lot of new animation work ...but ...

You guys have created a game world that sometimes just makes me stop [on a nicer day] and just, watch..... I get a weird scene of bliss just watching a bear plod along, or deer on the ice. Then, I see wolves, and I notice how much I'd love to see a different side to them. I think it could add some surprising 'feels' if you were lucky enough to find two wolves playing together on a very, very rare occasion. I mean that real durpie kind of dog play, where they leap about barking with their heads down, then run in mad circles around each other. Or play chasing a rabbit just for shits n giggles ... or even harassing a bear with their tails wagging (maybe that's something for the harder regions, were the wolves are little more .."gangsta" :) )

I think it would do strange things to you the next time you have one in your sights ... you'd see them for what they really are ... a dog, just like yours, but at the top of it's evolutionary game, and just trying to survive like you are. Like I said, this game does weird things to me ... and I already have to really be in need before I'll kill one of my respected wilderness brothers.

Definitely,+++ to more complex wolf behavior. Playing and pack hunting.

Additionally, deer behaviour - as in the males sparring, maybe sleeping areas. We also need female does and younger deer.  Male deer should stand their ground with wolves, they evolved together antlers vs. teeth, one wolf should not be able to easily kill a full grown deer, quite the opposite.

This would be a massive programing project.  But would set the game apart (further apart - from the rabble)...I would support the effort and pay more money for it.  I've had my $20 value 10x over in this game - don't be afraid to monetize aspects of the game.  Maybe make it part of the 'Spring' edition  - charge me $50... I will buy it.

@ernestww None of which is either happening or present during winter.

Wolves are 2 busy looking for food to stay alive and dont have neither time nor energy for pointless hopping around. Similar issue is with deer, they neither have fawns nor mate during winter.

Pack hunting, again, is reserved mainly for instances when prey is located by one of the scouts. Packs do not just wander around all together, unless pack is moving to a different hunting area. There are a few(depending on size of the pack) solitary scouts looking for prey, while majority of the pack stays put.

All those activities happen in spring-summer time frame.

5 minutes ago, Dirmagnos said:

@ernestww None of which is either happening or present during winter.

Wolves are 2 busy looking for food to stay alive and dont have neither time nor energy for pointless hopping around. Similar issue is with deer, they neither have fawns nor mate during winter.

Pack hunting, again, is reserved mainly for instances when prey is located by one of the scouts. Packs do not just wander around all together, unless pack is moving to a different hunting area. There are a few(depending on size of the pack) solitary scouts looking for prey, while majority of the pack stays put.

All those activities happen in spring-summer time frame.

You pose a very interesting argument...

But remember the wolves behavior has been changed by the storm 

and they look cute

I think a little artistic license could be given for adding a tiny bit of depth to one of the main AI features of the game. Wolves are such a huge part of the TLD experience ... would it be so bad if this was a very, very rare thing to witness?. When I first mentioned it, I had in mind that you'd only ever see it on clear sunny days, when there was little, to no wind, ect ... and even then, you may miss it. Also ... hopping around is far from pointless for young wolves (male especially) ... it's a large part of their social network, which in itself, is needed for staying alive.

Seasons are coming .... I'm not sure how they will work, but it could an interesting thing to see wolves behave differently at different times of the year.

1 hour ago, henroe32 said:

You pose a very interesting argument...

But remember the wolves behavior has been changed by the storm 

and they look cute

Wolf behaviors was changed by Event, but its not suicidal. They are more aggressive, but not to the level of being rabid.

All that hopping around and reduced aggressiveness(due to increased amount of preferred food sources) would make an interesting feature in mid-late spring, but not mid-winter.

20 hours ago, Dirmagnos said:

Wolf behaviors was changed by Event, but its not suicidal. They are more aggressive, but not to the level of being rabid.

All that hopping around and reduced aggressiveness(due to increased amount of preferred food sources) would make an interesting feature in mid-late spring, but not mid-winter.

We all let out our aggression in different ways. Some for instance choose to punch pillows or punch a concrete pillar in Gotham city

Archived