Random container

tnbp

My current sandbox is a Voyageur box and as I am writing this, I've been alive 189 days, 11 hours, and 50 minutes, 96 of those days have been spent in ML.  I live in the Trapper's Homestead.

Today, while out just picking up sticks, I followed a few sticks to someplace I've clearly never bothered to wander before and I ended up above the bear cave that is nearby the Homestead (by the run down outbuilding and the rabbit grove.)  I found this:

screen_cf4751bc-5fee-4abc-9449-069ef5d76e98_hi.thumb.png.164e845b3d960928d10adcaf0ab9ecdf.png

Tucked away up there is a metal container I'd never come across before.  It was a neat surprise at this stage of the game.  It was empty, but the mere discovery of it was a fun moment.  It makes me wonder what else I may have missed in all of the places I've been dozens of times before.

It ALSO made me wish we had moveable containers.  I know that has been on the player wish lists for quite some time.  If you've seen the screenshots of my home, you'd know that I could use the storage in a big way.  I have also never posted screenies of the piles of meat that sit on the ground just outside my front door.  Here is a perfectly good container, just a stone's throw away, that I would absolutely utilize in real life that is purposeless in this game.  I continue to hope that suggested change makes its way to implementation.

But it sure was fun to be surprised after so long. :)

I know only one other container that is in the snow like that and that's in desolation point, east side of Hibernia . Was wandering too if there were more. Hope other people found more of those!

I have felt bad a lot of times when I stored bear meat above his home. Seems wrong somehow... :P

It's been a while that I've played, but I remember containers outside in the open for example...

• at the collapsed train tunnel in ML (could have changed when they introduced the transition to FM)
  • on one of the little islets connecting Jackrabbit's with the coast
  • in the three-way cave above Echo Ravine in TWM
  • on Bear Creek Campground in CH

So funny, I just had this same experience the other day. On something like day 65 of this particular Stalker playthrough and stumbled upon this one while trying to get into a good position for a shot at the bear which lurks around there. My character would probably remember that container as "the last thing I saw before I shot a bear and fell off a cliff trying to escape him"...looking forward to starting my next playthrough this weekend!

• 1 month later...
On 3/24/2017 at 7:32 PM, Baukster77 said:

I know only one other container that is in the snow like that and that's in desolation point, east side of Hibernia . Was wandering too if there were more. Hope other people found more of those!

I have felt bad a lot of times when I stored bear meat above his home. Seems wrong somehow... :P

There's also one around the strip of little islands around Jackrabbit Island.

Archived