Meat & Fish storing

SPiRiT

howdy Survivors!!

do u have any idea on how to properly store meat and fish ?

i always do store them indoors inside some containers or simply place them on the shelf and things and i haven't tried storing it outdoors

so are there any difference in storing ? like it lasts longer in one and less in other ?

i would be glad to hear Ur way of storing them and new ideas to try ;)

Always store meat and fish outside, whether they are cooked or uncooked. They decay about 10x more slowly when stored outside, but will still decay more quickly than packaged foods. Cooked food also decays more slowly than uncooked food, about half I'd say, but I haven't actually done the math. 

Also remember that cooking meat or fish adds 50% to its condition. So, for best results, store it outside and uncooked until it hits 50% condition, then cook it (back to 100%), and throw it back outside. :)

Just pulled some hard numbers off the wiki page. I won't list every type of meat and fish, but I will give Lake Whitefish as an example.

Uncooked Lake Whitefish decays at a rate of 33.333% per day when stored inside, and only 3.333% when stored outside. When cooked, it decays at 12.5% per day inside, and only 1.25% outside.

All meat and fish follow this same pattern, with only slight variations in the base decay rate. So it's easy to see that storing it outside is clearly superior. 

No problem, glad to help. I personally do the same. I'd like to say that I always maximize the longevity of my meat and fish by following my own advice about storing it uncooked until it hits 50% before cooking it. Unfortunately, I am very bad at remembering to check its condition frequently, so on a few of the occasions that I did, I came back to food that had fallen well below 50%. Cooking it still made it edible, but I feel like I lost efficiency by leaving it uncooked. 

Now I typically just cook it as soon as I get it before storing it outside. Yeah, lose some longevity, but I don't have to monitor it as closely. 

well IDK if this is a bug or sth but its wired that I've stored 40kg of 78% deer meat outside in a frozen corpse and now after 7 days they are still 78% , no condition change and i cant say that i am not happy about that! :D 

if its not a bug then all of u should try it !! honestly who wouldn't like storing meat without condition drop :D

if that is a bug then maybe it could be fixed ( corpse beside camp office )

Archived