I DEMAND NOODLES

SpoonyMass

So there I was, in the arms of hunger.  A choice between another can of tomato soup or a can of dog food.  The night before I ate tomato soup and now after boredom of the pallet I've chosen dog food.  Not that there is anything wrong with tomato soup, but a man can only eat so much before he starts eating the can in the hopes of adding a bit more to the experience.

..., perhaps it's a moot gripe.  To be fair I'm warm, I have food, and I'm not going to go completely hungry...,

But still there is a demand.  A need.  And as my thoughts begin to wander and I shovel a bit of the cold dogfood in my maw I suddenly have the notion, a beginning of a craving and further a demand.  

Noodles.  Ramen noodle soup.  Chicken.  Beef.  Hell SHRIMP, I don't care.  Takes 3 minutes to boil in water 190 calories per serving and each packet holds two servings that can be eaten out of a mug like a drink.  No more canned flavor, protein bars, candy sweet dried yuck.  Warmth bonus to boot.  

I demand noodles.  If you want to name them Spoony Noodles I would totally be ok with that.     

No.  Spoony Noodles is just too eh..., Spoodles.  Now that's a name that'll sell.  

I agree. If you were to search 1000 Canadian homes and cottages and check an equal number of small town grocery/convenience stores, the number one food found would be Kraft Dinner or a generic equivalent. Canned spaghetti would be a close second.

I would also like to nominate the name "Spooneynoodles" . I would buy this. You could use a fork, but we recommend a spoon. It's so delicious you would not want to miss a single drop. (Hungryman slogan iirc) Please don't call them spoodles, sounds like a cross between a Spaniel and a Poodle.

Just think you could make a stew/soup with Spooneynoodles and add a bit of deer for depth and cattail for color.  Top off with some crackers and hey presto! Actually, what I'd really like to see is the option to eat only a portion of something.  So like 1/3 of the crackers, that would be cool.  

8 minutes ago, Jolan said:

Just think you could make a stew/soup with Spooneynoodles and add a bit of deer for depth and cattail for color.  Top off with some crackers and hey presto! Actually, what I'd really like to see is the option to eat only a portion of something.  So like 1/3 of the crackers, that would be cool.  

Can't you already eat only a portion of something? I mean, I know it's not something you do prematurely, you have to start eating first, then press esc to cancel eating, right? I do it all the time when food stores start getting low and I only need a few more calories to get me through the night.

• 2 weeks later...

A pure realism for the sake of realism would be finding sauces like barbecue or sriracha and eating your meat or whatever with them. And then even more ridiculous,have an option to add it to anything, including candy bars or crackers and then when you eat them the character can react differently, like "Man, tastes gross but it's food" or "omggggg so good" haha

On 3/17/2017 at 4:16 PM, Mel Guille said:

Thanks for the suggestion, @SpoonyMass. Are you imagining that including instant ramen would impact your survivor's descisions in some way, or would it be more about building out the world?

Also I did an image search for "spoodle" and can confirm that the term is used for some very adorable-looking dogs.

lol.  It's just something I've always thought needed to be in TLD.  Like, if you were to stock up for the end of the world, dried noodles seems like it'd be something in a food cache.  

I'm just glad you found adorable-looking dogs and NOT something..., else.  

Archived