Gun disappears from inventory and world when shooting a bear in front of barn

petrawiggin

Hello.

I'm playing the scenario where you have to survive for 3 days in various places (nomad, I think) on a Mac (OS 10.11) via Steam. I'm at the barn in Pleasant Valley and a bear was walking by so I stood right in front of the door for a quick getaway and shot the bear. It got mad, naturally, and charged. I shot one more time and then the bear attacked me (in the heat of the moment, I forgot to make my quick getaway). When I "woke up" my gun wasn't in my inventory and wasn't anywhere near me in the snow as often happens when you get walloped. I thought maybe a glitch made it appear inside since I was so close to the door but no, it's not there either. The gun has simply disappeared from the game which, of course, is quite problematic.

What was your rifle's condition at the time of the attack? I have noticed that the condition of my rifle drops after a bear attack, even if I didn't fire it, so it's possible that your rifle was pushed past it's "breaking threshold" and broke. I've never had it happen to me, but I imagine it is possible. Someone may correct me, or maybe your rifle was in fine condition, and that wasn't a factor, but it's all I can think of at the moment.

• 4 weeks later...

There's a glitch they've been working on where the gun disappears after wolf attacks.  This may also, unfortunately, be the same glitch.  There's a public log - which isn't really clear.  Here's the link I'd been giving.  Evidently, this is the fastest way to get things looked at. Of course I was told this a couple of months ago, but it may still be correct. :)

https://hinterlandgames.atlassian.net/projects/TLDP/issues/TLDP-946?filter=allopenissues

Archived