Seasonal Locations

henroe32

I know that the game developers have taken months to create intricate maps for you to traverse (which are trully beautiful as well; good job hinterland) but possibly in any future maps, could you change some of the environmental settings for that specific area perhaps. 

Bys this, I mean that a new location added could be unique in that due to the water being excessively salty (even more so than sea water) it remains a liquid thoughout the gameplay experience.

This specific idea could also add new gameplay options to the game which weren't possible before. One example is that the lake from mystery lake could be melted meaning that the player had to find a way to travers their way around its icy depths. Perhaps even a makeshift raft item could be created and could be used to gently row your way acrross. 

Another idea would be that you would have to trudge your way through some shallow rivers. A raft may not be an option due to the current in this instance and a bridge may be broken, so perhaps to prevent your boots and trousers from absorbing all that water you could find or craft some form of waterproof trousers and Wellington boots.

Not only that, adding rivers could be an opportunity for the addition of shallow fishing traps using the current (there is an example of this in The Revenant). You should also be able to collect in dirty water from rivers for uses. And maybe even if they do add the ability to salt meat to preserve it, you collect it by boiling sea water.

Finally, I also think that adding a flowing river with maybe even floating ice platforms on or a melted lake would just look awesome and be incredibly nice to look at for everyone.

Discuss your thoughts on this idea and any suggestions for this idea below.

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/03/2017 at 4:36 AM, Lovehandel said:

There are small boats on every map except Pleasant Valley. It would be nice to have a use for them. Maybe between zones. My biggest concern with boats or any other mode of transportation is that it just becomes an easy way to avoid wildlife.

I think there is one small boat in Pleasant Valley too, at the Pensive Pond.

On 05/03/2017 at 8:36 PM, Lovehandel said:

There are small boats on every map except Pleasant Valley. It would be nice to have a use for them. Maybe between zones. My biggest concern with boats or any other mode of transportation is that it just becomes an easy way to avoid wildlife.

Maybe so on a lake, but when you are in stowing boat you can't start a fire and you have no protection from the wind, currents could also make it diffficult to navigate and wolves could stalk you around the edge. 

Also if you where on a narrow winding river a wolf may be able to jump onto your boat and maybe even capsize it with you aboard. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived