Possible Bug: Frostbite triggered with no frostbite warning preceding affliction and Frozen clothing status not visible outside of paperdoll clothing menu!

Ape88

Xbox One Sandbox Alpha v. 394

Game Difficulty: Voyager

What happened: Got stuck in a blizzard whilst harvesting carcasses in the debris area  nearest the Mountaineer's hut and Bear's cave. I (as the female survivor) was able to gather enough sticks to make a snow shelter and warm up. However, during the night, I gained the affliction of frostbite on my hands without having any preceding frostbite warning and I had only been sleeping for 1-2 hours at a time with no significant temperature decreases. Upon looking at the clothing menu, I saw that multiple items of clothing were frozen. This frozen status was only visible in the menu allowing one to choose what parts of the body clothing covers

Now I have a permanent 10 percent reduction in health that could have been avoided if proper warnings had been in place so that I might have had the opportunity to avoid frostbite.

Please help?!

1 minute ago, Support said:

Did you have any indication in the clothing screen? The icons for each body part shows your frostbite risk percentage

To be honest I was so preoccupied with trying to wait out the storm that I didn't even look at that screen until after the fact, but there was no frostbite warning in the status bar, so as far as I was concerned there was no reason to check seeing as the survivor was well above freezing once inside the snow shelter.

I will pass the issue on to the team - but for you're own reference you can check the risk of each body part via the clothing screen, as well as view how wet/frozen your clothing is. It's also possible that frostbite set in extremely fast due to wet/frozen clothing, but the feedback is very helpful. 

• 2 months later...

Same thing happened to me.  I was in Forlorn Muskeg, trying to chop up that blasted crate that covers the safe.  It seemed to glitch; like I was just chopping & chopping; not getting anywhere.  I thought the game was stuck so I hit B to cancel (this was on xbox).  Then it said I had frostbite on my one foot.  I checked the clothing menu and it said that both socks and the boots were completely frozen.  I still had a "feels like" temp of 53°.  None of my clothes were wet when I went into that barn/shed, and there was no way for them to get wet while in there.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, there shouldn't be any way that frostbite happens THAT dang fast without warning. Because the game doesn't pause when looking in the inventory, going into it all the time to check could mean death.

On 2/28/2017 at 6:51 AM, Ape88 said:

This frozen status was only visible in the menu allowing one to choose what parts of the body clothing covers

That's the way the game is designed.. some kind of on-screen or verbal message indicating when an item reaches (say) 60% wet, would be very helpful.

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 7:17 PM, JAFO said:

That's the way the game is designed.. some kind of on-screen or verbal message indicating when an item reaches (say) 60% wet, would be very helpful.

I've seen the frostbite indicator at other times, telling me that there was a frostbite risk and allowing me to get to appropriate shelter. In this instance, there was never a frostbite indicator on the play screen as there is normally when there are frozen clothes and the character should have been above freezing and the clothing should have been thawing out as indicated in the original post because of the snow shelter.

Archived