AI Animals

CalNieDaGtarGuy

I would like to think that the animals in-game would starve if they don't eat. It would take some time, but I think that the hungrier a wolf or bear gets, the more dangerous it is. I know that there is no way to really tell whether or not they are hungry, but wolves would walk longer distances, spot you from farther away, and do more damage in encounters. Bears, which are fairly passive animals in real life, should smell out and snatch any meat that people keep outside. They would be somewhat less aggressive, but would mock-charge if someone gets in their territory. If necessary, they would attack. Wolves, on the other hand, should be stronger, as they are a more common threat. I don't know about some people, I tend not to have very many run-ins with bears.

If an animal stays hungry for long enough, it would have a chance of dying, but only after they had been hungry for at least an in-game week.

Just a suggestion. I'm happy to reply to reasonable, sensible comments or questions.

12 minutes ago, CalNieDaGtarGuy said:

I would like to think that the animals in-game would starve if they don't eat. It would take some time, but I think that the hungrier a wolf or bear gets, the more dangerous it is. I know that there is no way to really tell whether or not they are hungry, but wolves would walk longer distances, spot you from farther away, and do more damage in encounters. Bears, which are fairly passive animals in real life, should smell out and snatch any meat that people keep outside. They would be somewhat less aggressive, but would mock-charge if someone gets in their territory. If necessary, they would attack. Wolves, on the other hand, should be stronger, as they are a more common threat. I don't know about some people, I tend not to have very many run-ins with bears.

If an animal stays hungry for long enough, it would have a chance of dying, but only after they had been hungry for at least an in-game week.

Just a suggestion. I'm happy to reply to reasonable, sensible comments or questions.

How would it change via respawn ? And what would happen to wolves and bears in regions that I never go to (example if  I never go into Carter Dam) ?

Good idea though :) !

Archived