Simple and advanced arrows

exeexe

There should be simple and advanced arrows. The advanced arrows is what we have today. The simple ones should be able to make without a forge and these cant kill animals. But when you have to defend yourself they can be useful to ward off hungry wildlife. The wildlife that takes a hit from a simple arrow will run away and so you lose your simple arrow.

1 hour ago, exeexe said:

There should be simple and advanced arrows. The advanced arrows is what we have today. The simple ones should be able to make without a forge and these cant kill animals. But when you have to defend yourself they can be useful to ward off hungry wildlife. The wildlife that takes a hit from a simple arrow will run away and so you lose your simple arrow.

I really like the idea of being able to use arrows without steel heads, and I think they would actually be more useful than you give them credit for. You can take rabbits with self-arrows and the arrows used by natives for bird hunting are usually flat tipped and they work great. I just want arrows to be more modular and more versatile in general, and one thing I'd like to see is flint-knapping

You can, in fact, kill large game with wooden-tipped arrows. It is just more difficult.

Flint-knapping is the hill I am choosing to die on. I will never play the game again if it is added.

Considering how I have made broadheads in real life using little more than some spoons, a vice, and a chunk of concrete...... flint-knapping isn't needed.

14 hours ago, Boston123 said:

You can, in fact, kill large game with wooden-tipped arrows. It is just more difficult.

Flint-knapping is the hill I am choosing to die on. I will never play the game again if it is added.

Considering how I have made broadheads in real life using little more than some spoons, a vice, and a chunk of concrete...... flint-knapping isn't needed.

Wow, you really feel strongly about flint knapping...

I agree that there should be more options for arrow head, I've suggested this before on another thread but how about using the old drinks cans to make a basic folded aluminium arrow tip? I reckon you could kill a rabbit with this but only wound the big game animals and probably just bounce off and annoy the bears

13 minutes ago, JErosion said:

maybe three tiers of arrowheads? Tier 1 made from scrap metal and a toolbox, tier 2 created at a forge, and tier 3 professional manufactured before the disaster and can only be found

If you're going to have pre-disaster arrowheads, you may as well have a compound bow as well. That's fine by me, but I think the main interest in this thread is in having more crafting options.

in all honestly I think finding an occasional per-disaster bow and per-disaster arrows with their neon plastic fletching should be a thing, but such finds should be rare on par with the flaregun, the majority of the arrows you use should be made yourself

Archived