Ruined snow shelters should be able to be rebuilt

The title says it all :)

I understand that it is ruined, but I should be able to re-build it with a more resources than repairing it, but less than making it from scratch. The trade off is that it should take double the time because you have to dig it up and re-lay it.

My snow shelters are important for me not to get cabin fever. But it stresses me out having to keep them maintained before they become ruined. Soon I will have loads of ruined snow shelters dotted about the landscape! lol

ps. the same goes for ruined lockers! lol! I will smash it with my crowbar! maybe it damages my crowbar more, but it should not be inaccessible. 

• 9 months later...

They still haven't fixed this??????  I just want to remove it, not end up with a bunch of eyesores like the campfires.  How is this not been fixed?  Had I known i could not remove it once ruined, I never would have built the darn thing in the first place.

13 minutes ago, KinoUnko said:

ruined snow shelters disappear eventually, after a several weeks. They only last about a week without maintenance.

Thank you so much for the info.  I have never really had the need to use a snow shelter, but thought I might give it a try.  Glad to know that ugliness goes away eventually

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/2/2017 at 5:30 PM, 44000 said:

My snow shelters are important for me not to get cabin fever. But it stresses me out having to keep them maintained before they become ruined. Soon I will have loads of ruined snow shelters dotted about the landscape!

Yes, I find them really useful! In my Interloper run I was at Winding River for the first time and a blizzard  broke out and I didnt know where the entrance to the Dam was so the snow shelter I made there saved the day cause I barely survived the cold. But yeah, I use them too and I dont find it too unbalanced.. as you said, making it longer the time requiered to fix it should do it.. wish they could implement that :)

Archived