Some little bugs

mic

Hello

-I want to inform you that I was attacked by a wolf inside the dam, inside the building.

-A rabbit was trapped under a truck, next to the mine entrance (Was going to desolation point). 10% frozen and nothing to collect.

-Last one, I have some technicals problems, video problems, they are small but I want to mentioned, Some times, when I am crouch some green points shows up in my screen.

My computer is a notebook based system (AIO) lenovo b520 (i5 intel - nvidia GT555 - 8gb ram)

I use the game throught steam platform (user name: mic_iq).

Next time I'll take a snapshot from my desktop, sorry. 

Thanks for everything.

51 minutes ago, Jolan said:

hi @micthe wolf inside the dam is a set encounter.  Her nickname is fluffy. :) The first time I ran into her I almost had a coronary because I so wasn't expecting it...

My god, I sh!t my self.. was horrible, i didn't expect it... I almost die....

Next time warn me plssss :(

tks for you reply

rgds

Greetings @mic!

4 hours ago, mic said:

-A rabbit was trapped under a truck, next to the mine entrance (Was going to desolation point). 10% frozen and nothing to collect.

This just means the wolf that killed the rabbit already ate everything, so there is nothing left to harvest.  If you find a way to get a wolf away from it's kill, you can harvest whatever remains on the carcass for yourself. ;)

@mic there a few things like that - have to say that one scared me the most.  I can't remember how to do the spoiler tag so - I'll just say if you check out the wiki you can find a few other set encounters.  Good luck!  I love this game, hope you enjoy it too!

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 7:06 PM, Timber Wolf said:

Greetings @mic!

This just means the wolf that killed the rabbit already ate everything, so there is nothing left to harvest.  If you find a way to get a wolf away from it's kill, you can harvest whatever remains on the carcass for yourself. ;)

Maybe you're right!, I didn't see the wolf but you are right, that is the best way for me to hunt, but the frozen percentage was call my attention.

Tks for you reply.

rgds Matias

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 11:04 PM, Jolan said:

@mic there a few things like that - have to say that one scared me the most.  I can't remember how to do the spoiler tag so - I'll just say if you check out the wiki you can find a few other set encounters.  Good luck!  I love this game, hope you enjoy it too!

Yeah, I try not to looking for things on internet... the only thing that I have is a map, at first I used to lost every time, so I get a map and enjoy the journey.. well I really love the game, I can't understand why, but I love it, so I am here, just for help and support.

Tks

rgds Matias

That´s include the wolf inside the cave in desolation point?..

-there is one thing that I consider a bug.. I don´t know why I can´t recycle a chair in the dark, well that is my opinion but, if you strike a match, is enough to recycle whatever you want.

-Other thing that happened to me a few times (in previous version and actual version) is having meat cooked at 50% condition, I get ill if I ate... Again, I dont have pics.

Sorry about my english..

Hi @mic! ^_^

All food items have some risk of contracting food poisoning. Even items at 80% have some risk associated with them. The likelihood of getting ill does increase though for raw foods and low condition foods. If memory serves the only food items in the game that you cannot (ever) get sick from are near 100% condition man-made foods (e.g. granola bars) but that may have been changed a few updates ago...

The allowed and disallowed actions in the dark is something that is still undergoing optimization. Your comment is more feedback than a bug though on that point. If you posted it in "Alpha General Feedback" you'd likely get much more people reading your comment and offering their own experiences.

@micI believe the community named the wolf in the cave in DP Scruffy. :) 

I don't know why they have chosen to allow somethings to be broken down in the dark and some not, but it might have to do with complexity.  There are some very simple things like making old man wound dressing bandages that you can do in the dark. But complex crafting can't be done in the dark.  So breaking down things probably runs the same way.

I would not waste a match on breaking things down, unless you build a fire.  Build a fire, make some water, break down a chair.  

You have a chance to get food poisoning at all condition levels.  Natural food (rabbit, deer, etc) seems to have a higher chance of food poisoning versus processed food.  One of the cool things about cooking level 5 is that you won't get food poisoning from natural food you've cooked no matter its condition.  I usually only eat the low condition items when I'm in shelter right before I sleep.  I also eat the natural food first - before it drops too far.  

Food keeps better outside in the cold.  Don't leave it in your backpack.  They have not put scavengers in yet, so you are ok just to drop the items on the ground outside.  Containers outside may be better.  The 1000 days in the Dam thread discussed decay rates. And is a good read too.

2 minutes ago, cekivi said:

Your comment is more feedback than a bug though on that point. If you posted it in "Alpha General Feedback" you'd likely get much more people reading your comment and offering their own experiences.

I did not know that. :)

16 minutes ago, Jolan said:

@micI believe the community named the wolf in the cave in DP Scruffy. :) 

I would not waste a match on breaking things down, unless you build a fire.  Build a fire, make some water, break down a chair.  

I have never lived more than 100 days, so matches than I have are enough for me... but maybe you are right, and I should stop to wasted them. It is a good tip.

tks

Archived