Inconsistent bear behavior?

IRCrimson

Shot a bear from downtown and instead of running about it charged right foe me. I run back to a fire and because it started the charge already nails me, whatever. So then it slowly saunters away, and while the same fire is still going 2 hours later, slowly saunters back completely unfazed by the fire, rears up ( like 20 feet from the blazing fire, apparently not caring at all that a roaring inferno is between it and me ) and attacks again literally running through the fire. To clarify, since I did not shoot at the bear a second time ( did not provoke it after the first attack ) are bears intended to completely ignore fire, and go full berserker rage instead of running around wounded and bleeding out when a 30.06 bullet tears through their shoulder and lungs in the current build or are these behaviors bugs?

Which historically is about 30 yards because they move like cheetah even uphill in a raging snowstorm. Since then I've had issues with even wolves jumping me while brandishing a flaming brand at them so at this point I don't trust fire to ward off anything. I appreciate the info, just a little pissy I suppose since the wildlife is super-zombie style unless you literally blow their brains out with a lucky shot to the face.

Archived