kerosene for electricity and more

cuzzo

Hi! I have some ideas for the game, and it would be useful if they were implemented

First, an electricity generator that uses kerosene (or use kerosene to light the car and recharge the battery, and use the battery at home), to turn on the oven, the stove, the refrigerator, the freezer, the microwave and the lamps in a house
the fridge, if turned on, to slow the% of the food, for example 20% slower
the same freezer, 70% slower but freezes the food
the oven to heat or cook the food slowly, even if frozen
the stove to heat or cook food quickly, needs the pot, but not if frozen
the microwave to warm up only to heat or cook food quickly, but only cans and cups
the lamps to light for reading, repairing or building

power the car with kerosene to turn on the heat
and maybe be able to drive your car

use a battery to start a fire, with 3-5% of danger of explosion
or start a fire with the lantern

search sulfur in the mines, and use coal and sulfur to make gunpowder, to make improvised projectiles for an improvised gun

what do you think? : D

ps. sorry for my bad english

It's likely that at least one of these are going into the game. I say that because kerosene and car batteries are already in the game, they are just hidden, and don't have any description or possible interactions yet, but the fact that they bothered to design them suggests that they are in process.

The long dark is built on the presence of no electricity. I doubt the devs will change that. In the story mode trailers it is shown that electricity only works during the aurora, and driving a car would require a lot of changes to the game. Those changes aren't feasible at this point in development.

Only diesel engines can use kerosene for fuel. If it's a diesel engine, there is no way it starts at 20-40 below without a block heater being plugged in, even then it's a maybe.

We really don't need a faster mode of transportation in this game, the maps are not large enough to justify it.

I would not be a fan of powering up the buildings. Seriously if you are going to have cars and electricity where does the struggle come in?

On 23/02/2017 at 11:32 PM, cuzzo said:

Hi! I have some ideas for the game, and it would be useful if they were implemented

First, an electricity generator that uses kerosene (or use kerosene to light the car and recharge the battery, and use the battery at home), to turn on the oven, the stove, the refrigerator, the freezer, the microwave and the lamps in a house
the fridge, if turned on, to slow the% of the food, for example 20% slower
the same freezer, 70% slower but freezes the food
the oven to heat or cook the food slowly, even if frozen
the stove to heat or cook food quickly, needs the pot, but not if frozen
the microwave to warm up only to heat or cook food quickly, but only cans and cups
the lamps to light for reading, repairing or building

power the car with kerosene to turn on the heat
and maybe be able to drive your car

use a battery to start a fire, with 3-5% of danger of explosion
or start a fire with the lantern

search sulfur in the mines, and use coal and sulfur to make gunpowder, to make improvised projectiles for an improvised gun

what do you think? : D

ps. sorry for my bad english

Your English is pretty good, I didn't notice until you said so.

4 hours ago, Northern Hunter said:

The long dark is built on the presence of no electricity. I doubt the devs will change that. In the story mode trailers it is shown that electricity only works during the aurora, and driving a car would require a lot of changes to the game. Those changes aren't feasible at this point in development.

I agree that the game's that adding usable electrical items to the game such as batteries or torches would coincide with entire reason for the apocalypse in that all electrical equipment is no longer functioning. Perhaps a plot line for the games campaign (when it's released) could be that you have to find a way to return power to a train line or something in order to gradually travel south via a transport method in search for survivors.

Archived