Sleeping in a car - second try

exeexe

When you wanna go sleeping in a car there is no cancel button. And we need that cause now 2 times i have slept in a car for 1 hour when i was freezing and almost got me killed

What i mean is you click on "sleep in car". A menu shows up showing how much calories it will cost etc. It is in this menu a cancel button is needed.

1 hour ago, exeexe said:

@Patrick Carlson i hope u now know what i mean

I understand what you mean, yes. :)

While you can cancel out of a passing time sequence in the game, Rest is a resource you have to manage and also carries its own risks -- freezing for example. It's one area in the game that requires commitment and strategy -- how warm am I? Is it safe to sleep here in terms of wildlife, etc. 

One more thing I would point out is that you *didn't* die, rather you chose caution by sleeping only one hour in the car, which was wise. Would you make a different decision in the future? Thanks again for your message. 

@Patrick Carlson If I understand what @exeexe is having difficulty with is that the sleep menu cannot be exited from on their system. This means that if you open the menu and change your mind (i.e. you realise you don't have enough calories and want to eat first) you are stuck and cannot exit. Your options are then to sleep for the minimum length of time (1 hour) unprepared (which is silly) or reset the game by exiting. Neither option is preferable. I haven't had time to test this myself though. 

@exeexe: If this is correct perhaps you could post a screenshot for the dev team to look at?

30 minutes ago, Patrick Carlson said:

I understand what you mean, yes. :)

While you can cancel out of a passing time sequence in the game, Rest is a resource you have to manage and also carries its own risks -- freezing for example. It's one area in the game that requires commitment and strategy -- how warm am I? Is it safe to sleep here in terms of wildlife, etc. 

One more thing I would point out is that you *didn't* die, rather you chose caution by sleeping only one hour in the car, which was wise. Would you make a different decision in the future? Thanks again for your message. 

No u didnt understand. Give a cancel button to the menu

1 minute ago, cekivi said:

@Patrick Carlson If I understand what @exeexe is having difficulty with is that the sleep menu cannot be exited from on their system. This means that if you open the menu and change your mind (i.e. you realise you don't have enough calories and want to eat first) you are stuck and cannot exit. Your options are then to sleep for the minimum length of time (1 hour) unprepared (which is silly) or reset the game by exiting. Neither option is preferable. I haven't had time to test this myself though. 

@exeexe: If this is correct perhaps you could post a screenshot for the dev team to look at?

yeah this is it

6 minutes ago, exeexe said:

yeah this is it

Try to post some screenshots then so other people can see if they have the same glitch or if it's unique to you. I'll be honest: I haven't needed to sleep in a car for a long time so I have no idea whether or not I'll have the same problem...

I'm assuming that beds and snow shelters do not have this problem?

14 minutes ago, exeexe said:

yeah this is it

I just tested this and you *can* exit out of the sleep menu in a car the same way you can anywhere else. There is a "Close" button in the bottom right or you can just hit the Esc key (on PC). Unless you are asking to be able to cancel a Rest period after starting it. That is not an option and is by-design. 

If you can, please post a screenshot as @cekivi suggests as you may be running into a bug of some kind. Thanks. 

Archived