Cooking Pot to Create Recipes Like Stew/Soup

Tenasi Vol

I think it would be nice to have a cooking pot to place on top of stoves or hang over a fire to create recipes like soups or stews. Meat + pork and beans/tomato soup or meat and condensed milk to create a creamy soup (mushrooms + condensed milk = cream of mushroom).  The list could be extensive.

Most stoves have a pot on them that can be broken down. Why not the ability to use it as a cooking tool?

It would be great if we could have a seal-able insulated mug to carry liquid or soup/stew in so that the warmth benefits could be used later instead of building a fire to reheat.

Maybe this cooking ability could be added as a benefit of leveling up the cooking skill.  The recipes would give a lot more calories as opposed to the individual ingredients.

Tenasi Vol

When playing Skyrim I use a mod called Campfire which does this. After a hard day''s graft killing vampires, trolls, and the undead, there''s something very satisfying about lighting a fire,  setting up the pot, and making a stew from food you've gathered/hunted. 

I think it would be a great addition and thats a great point @Karzee.  It would add to the ambiance of putting together a recipe after foraging through the snow.  And then cooking it and enjoying the meal.

After re-reading my post I realized I actually suggested three different things.

1.  The capability to create recipes like stew or soups.  Base it on the leveling of the cooking skill.  Let it give more calories than the base ingredients alone.  As well as getting the benefit of warmth when eating it warm.

2.  A pot to cook the recipes in.  Sort of like accessing the work bench for creating items.  Create the possibility to use it on the stove or to carry with and hang over a fire.  Could add the capability to create the pot in the forge.

3.  A seal-able insulated mug to carry the heated soup/stew so that you can gain the benefits of warmth without having to reheat the food later on.  This mug could also carry coffee/tea and keep it warm as well.  (Any beverage that you can drink warm.)

Thanks!

Tenasi Vol

I like this idea quite a lot. Something I found/find quite upsetting, is when you cook, how quickly time flies. Especially at the beginning of the game when everything is such a struggle, the only time I get a nice feeling is when the fire is going. And then I am so freaked out about not wasting wood, Im desperate to not waste any fire time to just enjoy it!

It would be nice if the cooking could show as happening a bit slower. Although I'm sure this could get tedious. The 'multi-tasking' item they mentioned might cover this in the future.

Maybe the more complex meals could be this slower process, but it would unlikely happen early game, so that would defeat the need for that feeling of warmth at that point.

Archived