Hello Long Dark Survivors

Tenasi Vol

Hello to all,

I finally stopped lurking and decided to make an account to introduce myself.

My wife and I have been playing The Long Dark on XBox since it came out on game preview.  She plays as the guide, or outfitter if you like, and I am the idiot behind the controls.  Plus I use the headset so that I can hear when a big bad wolf is nearby.  She tells me where to go, she takes notes on where we last saw items/gear/etc, she reminds me that I took off most of my clothing and left it on the ground to dry and that is why I am now freezing to death (this happened very recently).  I would have just rushed to the next place assuming it was just cold outside.  I am thankful she is there.

It is a great opportunity for her and I to spend time together and talk while trying to survive the frozen tundra and dodge wolves.

I have to say that the changes that have come since first being introduced are amazing and only make us want the full version even more.  (THANK YOU SOOOOO much for the lighting update a few changes ago).  Since playing from the beginning and seeing what The Long Dark is currently, it will be a fun to get to run through the story mode.

We always get excited to see when updates have occurred and look forward to seeing what changes have been made.  Thank you for the hard work that has been put into the game so far and I, along with so many of you, cant wait to see the outcomes of the full version.

My wife and I created a club on XBox called "The Long Dark Survivor" if any of you are interested in joining and play on XBox.  I have posted a few video recordings of some cool moments and it would be awesome to see stuff from other members.

Im sure there are many out there who could use some information and guidance from those of you who are survival experts in The Long Dark.  We are constantly looking for information.  Like recently, we were looking up the efficiency of having natural first aid items as opposed to the bottled off the shelf versions.

We love the game so much, we thought about visiting Hinterland offices (we live in Washington state) just to say hello and see the beautiful Canadian country.  It would be a nice drive for us.

Thanks again to Hinterland and all the staff that help make the game possible.  Thank you very much to those of you that post information to share on here so that we can avoid fading into the long dark.

Stay warm, and may you never experience the pang of hunger.

Tenasi Vol

(XBL Gamertag - Tenasi Vol)

Thanks for the welcome, @Mel Guille!  And dont sell yourself short.  I live about an hour south of Seattle and there are a TON of gaming studios around this area.  I can promise you that it would be a far greater experience getting to visit your small studio as opposed to walking into one of the larger ones that acts like its a privilege that I am even in the vicinity of their building.

The dedication I have seen from your little studio is amazing and uplifting.

As a 45 year old retired military vet who has gamed since Pong...I know a thing or two about pushing some buttons and moving joysticks.  I have pretty much played them all.  This game is a first, one of kind, experience that will be a huge hit.  It already is, and technically its not even out.

Just wait till full release...I know I cant.

Ten

Archived