3 Things You Won't Leave Behind

Unfortunately, this only applies to real-life, because these items aren't in-game (yet). So, I'm just curious, what is everybody's 3 things that you absolutely must have where you go, for whatever situation may arise?

For me, it's:

1. Rubbing Alcohol
  2. Mineral Oil
  3. Shipping Tape

For a lot of people, they prefer "Duct Tape", because it's strong and can make the crappiest crafting actually work. But I prefer Shipping Tape because it's not as harmful to whatever you use it on (i.e. a vehicle, your body (ouch), or generally something that you don't want to damage). The same principle applies to the Rubbing Alcohol and Mineral Oil. Mineral Oil replaces what most people would choose WD-40 for, because it's not nearly as strong, but it is a Light Lubricant and almost always gets the job done, without harming anything it's applied to. Rubbing Alcohol can be used to removed sticky-substances, such as, Stickers or Tape on surfaces that you want to protect. It also has several other uses, such as, Medical or Fire-Starting, as well.

Was just curious about you guys and gals' opinions on this and what you'd choose. 

• 1 month later...

This doesn't really apply to hiking/backpacking/camping, but it *does* apply to the ruins of post apocalyptic world.  I'm a brewer and if I had three thing to bring with me, it would be a good yeast culture, tubing, and a (I know, weight) glass carboy.  Then, once I get everything set up, I'll be experimenting with something a little happier to brew with those rose hips.  Better yet, something with a bit more starch for the batch.  I'll be building my own greenhouse in order to be able to grow something that will actually taste good once it's fermented.  Then I'll have other survivors over for brews and a nice beer battered wolf kabob.

On 2/18/2017 at 0:29 AM, mattyboi said:

@Deathdealers747 Are you asking for outdoor/hiking/backpacking types of scenarios, or just something for every day carry>

End of the world type scenarios.

On 4/7/2017 at 11:50 PM, Cantousent said:

This doesn't really apply to hiking/backpacking/camping, but it *does* apply to the ruins of post apocalyptic world.  I'm a brewer and if I had three thing to bring with me, it would be a good yeast culture, tubing, and a (I know, weight) glass carboy.  Then, once I get everything set up, I'll be experimenting with something a little happier to brew with those rose hips.  Better yet, something with a bit more starch for the batch.  I'll be building my own greenhouse in order to be able to grow something that will actually taste good once it's fermented.  Then I'll have other survivors over for brews and a nice beer battered wolf kabob.

I don't drink beer, but had this of been reality (The Long Dark's end of the world scenario), then I would gladly drink a few beers with you! 

As for the greenhouse, you'd probably have to figure out how to build an ultra-insulated glass/plastic-type of enclosure. I'd recommend burying the glass/plastic panels underground 6 inches to a foot, calking the sealed sections to make sure of no leaks, and adding Bubble Wrap to the Window Panes to add extra insulation, while, simultaneously, letting Sunlight in. But unfortunately, I'm no expert and couldn't tell you if doing all of that would still result in warm enough climate for the veggies and fruits to grow (or in your case, hops/grapes).

Archived