Honey,More clothes,tent...

bronicorn

now I dont know how accurate this is and are there bees in the winte period in Canada, but it would be cool if you could find like bee hives that you could pull 4 pieces of honey out of, and for every piece of honey bees would "bite" you and you would lose 20% of your health, so if you want all four you would have to be at 80%+ healtwise, they would spawn like 2 hives  per map, and the honey pieces would give you like 1000 calories and little bit of water, that my idea, also some more clothes, like tracksuit, light and easy to find, more shoes like rubber boots you would use for fishing if you know what I mean, ushanka, very worm, but rare and more, also tent would be cool,it would weight like 7,8 kg, it would take like 20 mins to place and it would be warmer than snow shelter, colder than houses, but you could make fires in it, It would help a ton in regions like Forlorn Muskeg and Timberwolf mountain, thanks for reading, hope you consider any of this

19 hours ago, bronicorn said:

now I dont know how accurate this is and are there bees in the winte period in Canada, but it would be cool if you could find like bee hives that you could pull 4 pieces of honey out of, and for every piece of honey bees would "bite" you and you would lose 20% of your health, so if you want all four you would have to be at 80%+ healtwise, they would spawn like 2 hives  per map, and the honey pieces would give you like 1000 calories and little bit of water

My maths isn't great, but if this was the case it would be more efficient just to starve and lose 1% condition per hour ;)

Also, I'm pretty sure that honey is hypertonic, so may actually dehydrate rather than hydrate.

Like the idea of a jar of honey though!

Finding honey in a jar is a better option, as Hotzn said.  Wild honey bees are just not very common here (and wild hives tend to be found by 'following' the bees as they enter and exit, which doesn't happen in winter :) ).  There would be a better chance of finding domestic bee hives kept at one of the farms. 

Honey bees don't really hibernate exactly--  In winter, they clump together to form a cluster around the queen in order to keep her and the hive warm. They vibrate their wings in order to generate heat-- and they use their honey stock to provide the energy to do this.  They're still active, so they could still sting, though I think they're probably more docile than when its warm (and you'd be protected by wearing a lot of clothing since it is winter).

On 2/12/2017 at 10:30 AM, Hotzn said:

Bees hibernate in the Winter. You would have a hard time finding them, and they wouldn't sting if disturbed. It would be better to add a jar of honey as an item you can find and which could be used to attract bears for hunting.

Remember, seasons are on the roadmap, so it won't always be winter...

I like the tent idea. I don't think it would need to weigh that much though. Most 2-person mountaineering tents weigh more like 2.5 kilos. Even a cheap 4-person dome tent weighs only about 4.5 kilos. Maybe an old school canvas tent would weight that much. I don't know about making a fire inside the tent, but if it were a small tent, I would think the mechanics could be just like a sleeping roll but with an added warmth bonus. so if you pitch it close to an external camp fire, you still get the heat bonus from the fire while in the tent.

Archived