Bronwyn

RossBondReturns

Always random start on Voyageur this time I started somewhere familiar.

Bronwyn Farris

Mystery Lake (Random)

Play-style: Calm

screen_1ff6185b-b35a-4b1b-8236-9d8d49bd0a6f

The brightness and cold is what wakes me up, I look around but see no sign of the small commercial plane on which I had been flying. I still remember the lights flickering, the ghostly aurora bathing the the wings in green and blue as we began to fall from the sky.

Now though I must survive whatever this place throws at me, I have to think and act intentionally. So I move forward quickly towards the trailers, tromping down the hill through the snow, one foot in front of the other.

screen_53200d27-908a-4f24-b095-735ed29fc63e

I doubt I’ll stay in the broken shack very long but it does hold some supplies and I secure them carefully in my pack for later.

screen_c693fd2a-0ecc-47af-859f-9b7bd6e5786c

Crunching through the snow my air crystallizing before me I am thankful that is not bitterly cold. However if I am to survive for any length of time I will have to find better clothing, I can honestly say I wasn’t dressed with survival in mind. Climbing onto the step I push on the door and a few moments later it clicks open, I step inside closing it behind me.

screen_30bb2b2f-c6b0-425a-835e-37f3950b6364

The building seems to sustain a warmth higher than the outside temperature, I need to keep that in mind if I get stuck in a storm or deep fog. I test a lower bunk, a bit solid, but far better than sleeping outside.

screen_02398c93-dca7-4908-be1b-d6e49374ead5

I find a number of helpful items, matches, canned soup, a worn hoodie. It’s time to layer up, hopefully I’ll find some better gloves soon too.

By the time I’ve raided the other two trailers I also have a storm lantern and a container with lantern fuel in it. Excellent finds.

As I step back outside I notice that the weather is holding nicely, rounding the corner of the third trailer I find myself on a bank of snow with a snow blanket access road to my right. Rubbing my hands for warmth I head off in that direction.

screen_8aeae334-43fc-4041-b8ac-fa7f1869c07d

Loggers for sure but not at this time of year. What I wouldn’t give for one of those Mackinaw Jackets. I keep a constant watch all around and I can hear the howling of wolves in the distance, I have absolutely zero weapons.

There is a sign for a lookout but I’m wary to go up as this perfect weather could change at any time, as I drain one of the sodas I found I choose to go beyond the stacks of logs and over the hill behind them. I set off again satisfied with my decision, at this point I’d take a weapon even over my gloves.

screen_b6557a25-badc-4f9f-a355-ad32a77d5572

As I come over the top I see a small cabin in the distance, my hands hurt now so I move forward quickly. I find two bodies outside so I search them, and pick up the feathers as well- maybe I can fashion some arrows for a bow. I mean if needs be I can figure out how to make a bow as well.

I step inside to get out of the cold and go through and search everything. I’ve found a great deal of painkillers, all these lumberjacks must’ve had bad backs or something. It sounds windy outside and I’m a bit tired not to mention that that I’m cold so I place my pack on the carpet and curl up in bed to take a nap.

Hopefully my dreams will be normal.

Original Post here: Bronwyn's First Steps

Bronwyn:Trappers Cabin

screen_fff4716f-07cb-461d-9c0f-4e5af46f9206

After a couple of hours sleep I’m warmed up and good to go again, my main goal is to cover distance and find supplies but to do so safely. I exit the cabin and turn right, as far as I can tell due East over a snowy hill in front of me and find myself on a frozen pond. There’s some cat-tails around and a hunting blind that I must check out for survival supplies.

screen_e28b1e66-4215-41f2-b873-b0faf6d54eb1

As I climb the steps I see I’ve hit the jackpot! Painkillers, a bandage, those are nice and I’m certain to need them later or perhaps sooner. However this bow, yeah it feels good, it clearly has seen some use and I notch the arrow that came with it. Crow feathers. I will need to be on the lookout for more. In the blind I also find a hatchet. I have a weapon and a wood chopping device. Excellent!

I head further east trying to keep the cliffs withing eyesight through the mist to my right. If there’s a blind with equipment here it stands to reason there might be a mountain cabin somewhere nearby.

screen_973d069d-bba0-41d0-81a7-ec8fddb39035

The fog is closing in on all sides, but I can’t shake the feeling that I’m nearing that mythical cabin. So I chop up a nearby log for some firewood.

screen_08ca3d9f-2eba-4e0b-8338-e8a685beec30

Damn, I’m cold now, really chilled, I see some saplings in the distance. Probably good for making arrow shafts after I take them inside and cure them. Then suddenly out of the darkening mist I do see my mythical cabin!

screen_962eb302-672c-4e31-af40-cb0f3427d17f

The fog even lifts slightly to show me a small cabin nestles amongst rocks at the top of a path. I circle to the right of the rocks noting the bunnies hippity-hopping everywhere. Then after a firm knock at the front door I enter, it feels as if no one’s been home for a long time. And then I see the RIFLE on the wall…and smile.

screen_5322e66a-8a68-43e1-a66c-555aa17f49b9

Archived