The Great 2017 Census - What does your Long Dark look like?

cekivi

The Great 2017 Census - What does your Long Dark Look Like?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Welcome! In celebration of the release of the 2016 Canadian Census results (we like weird things up here) it's time for another census of the forums community! Are the tougher experience modes more preferred now? Have the Stalker players all migrated to Interloper? Do we have more non-PC players present now? Let's find out!

You can also find last year's census here:

So, not much has changed for my preferences since last year. I still mainly game on the PC. I do like the X-Box version though since I find wolf struggles to be easier oddly. Plus the game runs beautifully on the console versus my poor 10 year old PC! Obviously I've logged a lot of hours as I suspect most of our long time forum members have. Not as much recently since I've been very busy with work/university. These days I can usually only make time to play during the updates. Lastly, I still prefer Stalker/Voyager. Interloper is certainly fun to experiment with but since I don't have the time to master some of the game's mechanics (i.e. archery) I find it easier to just play what I know :)

I roll on a beefy PC system connected to a 55" TV and use a gamepad.  I play primarily on Stalker and mess around some with Interloper.  I like the harsher weather and tougher wolves, but the loot was reduced too much for my liking.  I like the concept behind it, but it just becomes a game of knowing exactly where the few items are located and coming up with the most optimal order in which to obtain them.  I can see why many of the long time players like the more extreme mode, but I like to play around and smell the rose hips as often as I can.  :) 

Of course, my most favorite way of playing is The Hunted: Part One and surviving as long as I can!

I'm using a 5 year old lap top which I have to dismantle every couple of months to clear out the fans, so that it doesn't overheat when playing TLD!

I don't have a lot of time to play at the moment, but when I do I normally start a new Interloper game, then die a few times in a short space of time before going back to my Stalker save, where I'm basically just walking around the world living off loot and camping wherever. I've recently also been working my way through the Challenge modes which I'd  never paid much attention to before.

I use a surface book with loads of speed and power. Tons of fun. Tried it on my old PC and .... Just not the same. :)

Stalker mode for me. Not very nomadic. I try to live as long as I can in a spot before supplies dwindle too much. Then I haul what I have left to my next base on a new map. 

• 1 month later...

Archived