Daily wolf attacks on voyageur difficulty

Phos

Hi there,

i really like the game but the wolf attacks are out of control. My homebase is the quonset garage in the costal highway region and
there are wolfs at every day and nighttime outside, i killed 4 or 5 of them but that does not stop the attacks, the game keeps spawning new
wolfs every day. on my walk from qounset garage to the lighthouse i was attacked 3 times. There has to be a setting between no wolf attacks on
pilgrim and two wolf attacks a day on voyageur. Apart from that its a great game.

Thank You

Possibly it was a combination of three things: bad luck, lack of caution on your side and the area itself. 

Bad luck because you suffer a heavy spawn.  Sometimes it gets quieter than others ;)  

Lack of caution because its relatively easy, (especially on the way back) taking the right routes and pausing to hear what's around, to avoid these wolves. 

The Quonset Garage is a heavy-wolf-area. It has always been that way, so this is something the player needs to take into account when approaching the area or when stablishing a base there. There are a few other areas in the game (PV Farmhouse for example) in which you can face the same thing, so its important to learn to know your way around :) 

I'm mainly a Voyager player, and did as well set base on Quonset back in the day... Despite being my main storage for tools, I rarely spend there more than a few days now. Not worth the risk in my opinion. As you say, even if you clean the area the spawn rate seem to be too high to guarantee just a couple of peaceful days. One thing you could do to slow down this spawn rate is to avoid to harvest the corpes completely. If you leave a few grams of meat on them they take more time to dissappear and thus, respawn. 

Good luck!

Would be nice if there were spear traps in the game, ready to impale the wolf if it triggers a trip-wire made of fresh animal guts or any sort of string. These could in turn be setup at doors and after few days of stockpiling cooked food, the scent would attract wolves inside the garage so that there's no such thing as a safe base unless the player sets up traps at each entrance. A lower tier trap at doors could also be a heavy snare that just immobilizes the wolf until morning so that the player has to finish off the wolf or if no weapons then either set it free or leave it there to starve to death. 

Sort of like a raiding game-mechanic where traps are the only defense. No traps means the player either has to stand guard during the night or risk waking up with a bloodthirsty wolf on top of him.

Archived