plane crash

junglegreen

The story line is your plans has been brought down by the storm.   If so where is it or if you baled out where is the parachute,  both would be able to supply some survival items.

I know its a bit of a nit pick  but a  thought.                 Seriously  though  a really great  game  and cannot think of any better and I have looked at loads on You tube .

8 hours ago, junglegreen said:

The story line is your plans has been brought down by the storm.   If so where is it or if you baled out where is the parachute,  both would be able to supply some survival items.

I know its a bit of a nit pick  but a  thought.                 Seriously  though  a really great  game  and cannot think of any better and I have looked at loads on You tube .

agree with this. i can just imagine landing with a parachute as initial animation watching your plane crashing in the distance and try to go and find it. would also add a little aim to the playing...

My assumption since the beginning was the main character crashed in his own smaller plane. There would be many planes coming down everywhere due to the electromagnetic event.

It's easier to survive a crash in a small plane than in an airliner, although there was that one case years ago where a stewardess fell out of a plane that broke up at altitude and survived by landing in a snow drift.

4 hours ago, morgellons said:

there was that one case years ago where a stewardess fell out of a plane that broke up at altitude and survived by landing in a snow drift.

I had forgotten all about that story until you mentioned it, so I looked it up. It's definitely an edge case, but a fascinating one! Apparently when she woke up in hospital she had no memory of the fall or accident.

She passed away just last year: http://www.voanews.com/a/stewardess-survived-1972-plane-crash-record-fall/3649265.html

On 2017-02-06 at 8:31 AM, junglegreen said:

Note that planes are still able to fly for great distances even without any power. The most famous example in Canada is the Gimli Glider a 737 that landed with no fuel on an abandoned air force air strip in Manitoba. Given the choice of bailing out or trying to glide down and land on a road or lake gliding is by far your better option.

7 hours ago, cekivi said:

Note that planes are still able to fly for great distances even without any power. The most famous example in Canada is the Gimli Glider a 737 that landed with no fuel on an abandoned air force air strip in Manitoba. Given the choice of bailing out or trying to glide down and land on a road or lake gliding is by far your better option.

I used to love reading about the Gimli Glider. If this story doesn't produce some hysterical laughter then you are a lost soul. They claim that the 767 achieved an L/D (lift over drag) or glide ratio of 12:1 which is pretty damned impressive. From 35,000 feet this would give it a glide of nearly 130km back to sea level.

There are numerous people who have survived high altitude falls. Here are ten of them. I quite like the one about the Brit who fell 18,000 feet during WW2 and after capture was given a certificate by the Germans attesting to the feat. A few more careless/reckless people here.

Archived