Snow shelter

pigbull320

this idea came from looking at the main menu. There's a shovel.

Only use for a shovel I could see.

Maybe the snow is just Reaaally cold? Would snow in -10f freeze hard enough for you to be forced to use a shovel? Or maybe you can do it bare handed but it takes 10x longer and more calories. Making a shovel important.

I like underground fridge possibility.

Right now meat spoiling is very unrealistic. I killed a bear and within a day the meat spoiled and within 3 days the cooked meat spoiled. Your telling me meat in a fridge with a room temperature of 32 would spoil in a day? or -10 outside?

Ya I like underground fridge. Keep my food from spoiling.

Don't like digging tombs for corpses unless them implement a mental state in which this would raise it at the cost of calories and 4 hours of work.

And I also think melee weapons should be non-existent. Ruins the whole "DId I JUST HEAR A WOLF??" Aspect. Having a way to deal with wolfes 100% of the time would take the fun out of it for me.

i would like to see the shovel helping to build the snow shelter a lot quicker, that would be a good option. i also like the melee weapon option. if you want wolves to be a challenge play on higher difficulty and deal with 3 wolves at a time :) then you will appreciate melee weapons. also it could be made so the wolf can grab the shovel by a random chance and tear it off your hands (they really do it so it would be even more realistic) while it wouldnt do much damage to a bear, just make it more angry :) not like if it would matter when it already trying to eat you lol. give the shovel a really small chance to deal serious wound on a hit though, still, its  sharp metal tool.

Archived