New infliction(s)

pigbull320

Might be cool to have a shivering infliction when you get too cold resulting in taking out items, starting fires, reloading a rifle, starting a lantern, etc slower or fail more.

Add an extra element to starting fires.

This alongside frostbite would be amazing.

Maybe even add an infliction that slows you down more resulting in now being able to run maybe forcing a crouch randomly for a second, kind of like a stumble.

Or maybe you could stumble in a snow storm or trip. Tripping or sliding on ice.

Maybe when going down a mountain or steep ground walking sideways reduces your speed and reduces the chance of injury. I know i've broken plenty of bones walking down slants in this game.

I like this idea a lot. Really there are a ton of affliction ideas that could/need to be added to make TLD's realism factor go even further. Particularly I enjoy the idea of the shivering, as it makes sense if you get down to a certain temperature, however it would only really be realistic if you only shivered in places not covered by clothing, just like frostbite.

Just now, NorseRaven99 said:

I like this idea a lot. Really there are a ton of affliction ideas that could/need to be added to make TLD's realism factor go even further. Particularly I enjoy the idea of the shivering, as it makes sense if you get down to a certain temperature, however it would only really be realistic if you only shivered in places not covered by clothing, just like frostbite.

Then give me reputation so devs/mods will see it more :P That is if you do like the idea or concept. Even if it's not 100% thought out. 

On 05/02/2017 at 5:14 PM, NorseRaven99 said:

Hmm not quite sure this is true, I think you shiver if your core body temperature is at risk of falling (regardless of whether your skin is exposed or not) and your body is trying to generate more heat to compensate. I've certainly shivered in the cold even when I've been wrapped up very completely!

3 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Hmm not quite sure this is true, I think you shiver if your core body temperature is at risk of falling (regardless of whether your skin is exposed or not) and your body is trying to generate more heat to compensate. I've certainly shivered in the cold even when I've been wrapped up very completely!

Lol your name fits perfectly here.

3 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

i like it this way. no matter if a part of yours is exposed or not, shivering comes when your body temperature drops. maybe when your warmth meter runs out and you are freezing. i really like the idea of making reloading, using bow being more difficult, maybe add a visible shaking to aiming, and also could make works last longer (like harvesting and building shelter)

Ya. Would turn it from "Oh i'm freezing, i'll be at the shelter soon. No need for a fire" into "CRAP I'M GOING TO DIE, I NEED TO FIND STICKS, MORE STICKS, CRAP STORM, I'M SO DEAD". 

True realism would be making the player lose all sense of hope before surviving something lethal.

Can't tell you how relieved I was when I collapsed the second I entered a cave at 2% health during a snowstorm. My stim wore off and I survived. Shivering would make making a fire a lot harder and hunting way harder. Harvesting meat, everything.

Archived