pigbull320

Currently your backpack can hold an absurd amount of items. Reminds me of GTA's infinite pockets with guns.

Might be cool if when you start out just like your clothes your backpack is small and has a chance to drop small items randomly Ie: cardboard matches and berries.

And you can find backpacks as rare loot allowing you to carry more and repairing your backpack would stop things falling out. Having a really damaged backpack might even allow big things to fall out requiring you to repair it and find a bigger better backpack. Each weighing more and less.

IMHO, smaller things would be more likely to fall out of a damaged bag than larger items. But continuing to carry large items in a damaged bag could increase damaged gained over time. I could see the potential of being able to upgrade, so long as the player is still able to somehow carry items such as the hatchet even with a small bag. Add in paracord to the equation and most bags could be jerry-rigged to allow the survivor to carry large bulky items. Heck, make a backpack frame an item that can be salvaged even from a ruined bag, and also add in the ability to create a frame from items found around the world and the highest quality backpack could indeed be one that the player creates from skins.

Of course, I think to be fair, all bags would need to have a space for the bedroll to be attached but carrying more than the bag is intended to carry, along with animal attacks, would damage the bag.

Archived