Day 38

pigbull320

I reached the summit at Timberwolf mountain. After sorting thru all the cargo in the ship and collecting my flares night falls as I descend from the top of this mountain at a snail's pace. I weigh well into the 100's and refuse to drop a single item. A storm hits as I reach the bottom of the cliff's face, I have no choice but to drop 20 pounds. This doesn't seem to make much of a difference. I'm traveling extremely slowly. The storm limits my vision to inches. I make it to the edge of yet another cliff, I have went past the cave that would ensure my survival. The storm worsens. A wolf attacks and now with ripped clothing and my chances dropping by the second I manage to pull out my rifle at the last second killing the wolf using nothing but sound for direction in this blackout snow hell. I patch myself up and my health drops below 5% as I inject a stim. Desperately dropping items and searching for my salvation in the cave I left earlier that morning, I'm forced to inject another stim. It is at this point right before it wears off and i'm left for dead in the snow, that I realize I have been crouching since I started searching thru the crates at  the plane's tail. After a brief return of sanity I find the cave's entrance and collapse just inside of it's safety from the outsides blizzard.

On this world I managed to survive to day 42. When I died of infection at the ravine in Timberwolf mountain, from a can of peaches at 42%. And died in my sleep after taking the pills and making a fire to last 10 hours.

How I died I have no idea.

Then to make matters worse the game glitched out and I couldn't save my log because I opened the note left at the bottom of Timberwolf's mountain found in that blasted cabin and I couldn't close it. I was forced to close out TLD and relaunch to a non-existent save. 

Archived