Sweat

SynthWeaver

On 5-2-2017 at 4:37 AM, CalNieDaGtarGuy said:

I'm going to assume that you're talking Celsius (I'm just another American Idiot). Just sayin' 20 degrees Fahrenheit is absolutely freezing and in no way would induce a sweat. +17 for the super creative idea tho.

yeah I live in Europe.

Thanks for the compliment. \^,^/

I recall a day of -35° C and I chose to go skiing cross country.  Sunny and barely any wind.  The cold was fierce but the activity kept me warm.  This was my first season and even though I knew about layering clothing the result was my coat froze solid. The green coat had an outer layer of cloth and absorbed my sweat; at the end of the run it had the ability to stand upright.

To OP: You do realize you can sweat even when it is negative temperatures outside, right?

You clothing insulates you from wind and temperature, but that doesn't mean your body stops giving off heat. In fact, during winter/cold temperatures, your body effectively produces more heat, as you tend to wear more insulative clothing and have higher levels of activity. In fact, the colder it gets, the more important preventing sweat-buildup gets.

Contrary to what this game tries to portray, Winter/Cold Weather Survival isn't so much about keeping warm, it is about keeping dry.

Keeping warm is relatively easy. Staying dry, on the other hand.......

This game will never be the game it could and should be until sweating is implemented.

On 7-2-2017 at 11:17 PM, Boston123 said:

To OP: You do realize you can sweat even when it is negative temperatures outside, right?

You clothing insulates you from wind and temperature, but that doesn't mean your body stops giving off heat. In fact, during winter/cold temperatures, your body effectively produces more heat, as you tend to wear more insulative clothing and have higher levels of activity. In fact, the colder it gets, the more important preventing sweat-buildup gets.

Contrary to what this game tries to portray, Winter/Cold Weather Survival isn't so much about keeping warm, it is about keeping dry.

Keeping warm is relatively easy. Staying dry, on the other hand.......

This game will never be the game it could and should be until sweating is implemented.

Then we could make you inner layer coating wet because of sweat. The More coating you are wearing the faster your inner layer goes wet. (+ dehydrate faster).

On 2/8/2017 at 0:39 PM, GiantAntCowboy said:

Taking off your clothes every time you sleep or sit near fire would be a bit annoying, not too mention i'd probably forget to put them back on and find myself walking naked through the snow all the time. Haha!

Done this many times. The lack of hygiene in the game so I figured the character just wanted to freshen up.  Interloper is tough in the beginning and taking off clothing is important.  This extends the life of the clothing.  Sometimes I would be working indoors with mittens and a toque to keep the feels like temperature just above freezing, forget to get dressed and then go for an adventure outdoors. Instead of dropping clothing on the ground I started putting my clothes in containers so I would remember to get dressed and still I forgot.  I learned quickly to always check condition by using the Tab key.

Archived