Moveable Storage

katiebour

7 hours ago, katiebour said:

I'd like to move those plastic and metal containers.  If I can load myself down with 70 pounds of meat, I can strap a box to my back and relocate it to my porch.

I was just thinking about this today!

i like the idea though i would rather like to see sleds implemented. different types with different material requirement and then you could put the containers and even crafted bags on it to carry lots of weight what would be impossible on ourselves. (from that its only a step to tame deers and wolves to pull my sleds haha :) )

Sleds are a good idea, although I don't understand what the box strapped to your back would aid in. It certainly wouldn't take any weight off of you since it's strapped to your back, and you already have a backpack to stuff with things, so what's the purpose of the box? The sled on the other hand could help carry a great many things, at the major expense of speed.

On 12/02/2017 at 9:57 PM, CalNieDaGtarGuy said:

Sleds are a good idea, although I don't understand what the box strapped to your back would aid in. It certainly wouldn't take any weight off of you since it's strapped to your back, and you already have a backpack to stuff with things, so what's the purpose of the box? The sled on the other hand could help carry a great many things, at the major expense of speed.

well, i think the only reason to do it would be to get more storage as most good bases are lacking a bit, i have to store many stuff on the floor so collecting plastic boxes would be a good option imo. if i would be a survivor i would surely not waste my time with the metallic ones but as a choice with high weight... you know, more options are always better :)

I really like this idea.

My favorite map is TWM, and every time I see that plastic container under the seat of the boat I wonder why I cannot carry it 30 yards to the cabin.

I know the cabin is considered "outside" but I still store meat and fish just outside the front door. That is where I would like to put that plastic container.

Archived