Add craftable Fire Drills and Fireboard

joshjblank

Add a craftable Hand Fire Drill, Bow Fire Drill and Pump Fire Drill and Fireboard for starting fires once all matches are consumed. All fire drills require the use of a quickly (about 10 uses) consumed Fire Board.

Hand fire drill (slowest to start fire and has chance of lacerating hands, like Tom Hanks in castaway)

x1 fir log (or other hardwood)

Requires use of hunting knife

Bow Fire Drill (medium time starting fire, not craftable but is simply a combination of the Hand Fire Drill and the Survival Bow)

Pump Fire Drill (pictured; fastest time starting fire, heavy and takes awhile to craft):

x2 line

x1 Hand Fire Drill

x1 stick

x1 forged reusable counterweight or fir log for degrable wooden counterweight

Requires use of hunting knife

Fire board:

x1 cedar log (or other soft wood)

Requires use of hunting knife. 

2016-04-17_1703_1024x1024.png

I thought it might be appropriate to drop the need for a ignition source for a very high fire starting skill (probably 5, but maybe 4).  Similar to what happens with tinder at level 3.  This would essentially represent the same skills without adding another crafting item.  It should probably occur a penalty (-10%?) to success probability.

Just now, cekivi said:

Welcome to the forums @MockyThon ^_^

Only downside to that suggestion is that if you run out of matches/strikers/flares/etc. before reaching level 5 you would be slightly up a creek without a paddle

That is true, but I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing.  Also that is a total possibility currently.  I only ever run out of matches if I'm particularly unlucky during the first day or so of a stalker sandbox.

Archived