less derailed trains

Gleudal

Hej there,

I just discovered forlorn muskeg and realised that I am getting a bit tired of seeing derailed trains evrywhere, I mean also in other maps. I dont know yet what story mode will explain, but why would nearly EVERY train be derailed? I think it kind of destroys the effect of the picture, that is intended. 

I think when suddenly a catastrophe happens mostly the trains would be left by the staff and just will stand on their place.

Well, maybe I am wrong and story mode has a good answer, but If not you should think about it.

hi, i had the same thought right when i saw the second trainwreck with the frozen ppl around. arent they missing for the authorities? :) but then i remembered that some mystical storm crashed my plane too so that storm might have hit the trains too. but if so, it seems trains are awesome frequent in the canadian wilderness :) haha 

On a old topic we tried to understand what happened thanks to the environment and the "documents". We concluded that the Event occured at least the 6th September 2019 and maybe there where several earthquakes destroy Great Bear Island (see Crumbling Highway, the destroyed railway in the ravine, the Broken bridge in DP,...)
The earthquakes could be the reason of all these derailment.

16 hours ago, Gleudal said:

Hej there,

I just discovered forlorn muskeg and realised that I am getting a bit tired of seeing derailed trains evrywhere, I mean also in other maps. I dont know yet what story mode will explain, but why would nearly EVERY train be derailed? I think it kind of destroys the effect of the picture, that is intended. 

I think when suddenly a catastrophe happens mostly the trains would be left by the staff and just will stand on their place.

Well, maybe I am wrong and story mode has a good answer, but If not you should think about it.

You should watch the movie Unstoppable with Denzel Washington, it will change your mind when you see how much trouble can 1 runaway train cause.

27 minutes ago, Samski said:

Why, there aren't some crashed cars? It would be more realistic, than intact cars everywhere.

I am not a Physicist but I know this much the momentum of the train plus all the wagons is much greater than a car so a car would simply stop if the terrain is flat. Trains however will go on for a while, usually enough to crash into something. Also as you can notice the rail is quite damaged and when trains reach that spot well they turn over :)

Im kind of bothered by the sheer number of derailments, its like a train kept sheading a few cars every couple of miles. but that said it would not be unreasonable to see a derail engine around the Poachers camp, and another near the ravine or have there be more spur lines where some of those lumber cars where "dropped" off. But then again Im one of those assholes that like architecture and logistics in video games to make sense. Like Im still wondering where the bathrooms or even fresh water sources around Mystery Lake are. Or how people even get to Mystery Lake(there is no outroads, or a platform for the train.

12 hours ago, JErosion said:

Im kind of bothered by the sheer number of derailments, its like a train kept sheading a few cars every couple of miles. but that said it would not be unreasonable to see a derail engine around the Poachers camp, and another near the ravine.

You should explore more the ravine : there is already your wish....

14 hours ago, Frozen guy said:

You should explore more the ravine : there is already your wish....

I know the yellow car is there but, honestly I'm not sure what kind of car it is... given its layout and seating it more of an excursion car, but it could also be a Switcher Car. And in the case of the later that is more of a move other train cars in a train yard than do a long haul across a Canadian Island sort of thing.

That car in the ravine is a "crummy", a small vehicle designed to move logging crews too and from their camp. The one in the game is actually a faithful reproduction of a real one that CANFOR built in their shops in the 40's. They did get used as a switch engine occasionally, but only with a couple cars at a time.

I'd love to see a proper locomotive in the game, and some more sidings, a couple passing tracks, generally a more realistic rail line. 

Here's a bit of info on the rail line the crummy come from: http://forums.railfan.net/forums.cgi?action=display;board=Vancouver;num=1081205768;start=40

Sam

Archived