Wildlife should fall through thin ice

Gleudal

Well at least heavier wildlife should break through thin ice as well.

I managed to hunt down a bear with a single headshot in forlorn muskeg and wasnt able to harvest it, cause i always fell through the ice (see screenshots). one time i sprinted and was lucky to get into the menu for harvesting but half a second later i was wet again. I understand that rabbits and wolfes and maybe also deer can walk across ice, that wont carry me, but a bear?

KI should also be improved, that only animals in panic would move on thin ice and maybe fall through. 

Screenshot (73).png

Screenshot (74).png

1 hour ago, Mel Guille said:

Are you imagining that an animal that has fallen through the ice would be lost, or would it be able to return to shore somehow?

IMHO, If it's alive and not too badly hurt, it should be able to return to the thicker ice just as we are able to do so.

2 hours ago, Mel Guille said:

Are you imagining that an animal that has fallen through the ice would be lost, or would it be able to return to shore somehow?

I think there should be different possibilities:

1. wildlife drowns (it will get under the ice and it wont be possible to find it again)

2. wildlife manages to climb out (but takes a while and the player can shoot it while it tries. OOOOOr maybe he can help him and makes a friend)

3. wildlife stucks and will die to predator or hunger

In my mega-run I have going I hunted a wolf down...and he trekked out over what I didn't realize was thin ice. I put him down but could not harvest him at all. It's initially frustrating but I saw it as just another challenge. However perhaps he could've broken at least partially through the ice. Woulda been kinda neat.

Archived