Additional vocalizations [POLL]

SteveP

Additional vocalizations by player  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 minutes ago, NotThatGuy said:

I have a firm belief that Canadians sing "Alouette" to themselves pretty much all the time as they go about their daily lives. I blame these guys for this, of course.

Sigh, shouldn't have watched that clip. I'll have the song stuck in my head for the rest of the day :D

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 11:38 PM, Bjern said:

This just made me think...What about depending on your character's mental state, their vocalization changes? So when they are mentally 100%, they speak more positively, but when they are mentally not coping then they will speak more negatively? They already have negative comments when very injured or physically going terribly - which they could also extend on, especially depending on what ails your character. Is s/he in a lot of pain? They could certainly express this more, which we humans tend to do in real life when in a lot of pain.

Maybe the crazier your character gets, he could randomly burst out laughing at the worst possible moment (probably high-pitched or something like that) and could give away his location to nearby threats or start muttering nonsensical phrases under his breath.

1 hour ago, CalNieDaGtarGuy said:

Maybe the crazier your character gets, he could randomly burst out laughing at the worst possible moment (probably high-pitched or something like that) and could give away his location to nearby threats or start muttering nonsensical phrases under his breath.

Hmm...How likely is it that people go to a state of mad laughter during survival situations when their mental state is poorly?

19 hours ago, Bjern said:

Hmm...How likely is it that people go to a state of mad laughter during survival situations when their mental state is poorly?

I once went into a state of mad laughter while hiking in a thunderstorm and falling down an embankment that had its steps washed out :D

Conversely, I may have been exhausted and soaking wet (we'd been hiking in the rain about 4 hours at that point) but it definitely wasn't a survival situation.

2 hours ago, cekivi said:

I once went into a state of mad laughter while hiking in a thunderstorm and falling down an embankment that had its steps washed out :D

Conversely, I may have been exhausted and soaking wet (we'd been hiking in the rain about 4 hours at that point) but it definitely wasn't a survival situation.

Maybe it would be realistic to add it. We don't seem to hear of this sort of thing very often, but I know it does happen. Thank you for sharing your experience!

50 minutes ago, Bjern said:

Maybe it would be realistic to add it. We don't seem to hear of this sort of thing very often, but I know it does happen. Thank you for sharing your experience!

You're welcome. The moral of my story is that while the weather report is frequently wrong it isn't always wrong :D

I'd be ok with more variety, but I'd hate to have my survivor go back into buttercup mode.  There was a time after one of the updates when the comentary was endless.  I also have to say I prefer the female survivor to the male survivor on vocalization.  I find her comments slightly more amusing.  "Whew, right on" in a slightly sarcastic tone is beautiful.

10 hours ago, Jolan said:

I'd be ok with more variety, but I'd hate to have my survivor go back into buttercup mode.  There was a time after one of the updates when the comentary was endless.  I also have to say I prefer the female survivor to the male survivor on vocalization.  I find her comments slightly more amusing.  "Whew, right on" in a slightly sarcastic tone is beautiful.

I find her constant whimpering and whining about the cold dreadful. I love the sarcastic stuff but the whining over and over reminds me of my ex.... lol

At the moment I have one simple idea to solve the problem of finding the audio feedbacks when freezing etc boring or out of touch with your playstyle. Make them ironics from time to time.

I get that the character is actually dying but think about it. Let's say after X days of survival your character is more used to take hits in order to do things. So she/he approach even strong difficulties with a different mindset. She know she is dying but instead of being scared she laugh between her teeth about it. It could pop up a percentage of times. The text something like:

"The sound of my stomach will keep wolves at bay."

"I'm freezing but not as much as that big bear" (if she killed one)

etc

7 hours ago, togg said:

At the moment I have one simple idea to solve the problem of finding the audio feedbacks when freezing etc boring or out of touch with your playstyle. Make them ironics from time to time.

I get that the character is actually dying but think about it. Let's say after X days of survival your character is more used to take hits in order to do things. So she/he approach even strong difficulties with a different mindset. She know she is dying but instead of being scared she laugh between her teeth about it. It could pop up a percentage of times. The text something like:

"The sound of my stomach will keep wolves at bay."

"I'm freezing but not as much as that big bear" (if she killed one)

etc

I don't quite understand the last one...

On 2/5/2017 at 0:22 AM, Pillock said:

I tend to get into arguments with mine, especially when he says stuff like "I've never been so hungry in my life", when in fact he was in a much worse state of starvation earlier that very same day.

I realized after the first 100 hours that I had nicknamed my character "Princess."  As in "shut up, Princess, you'll be fine," or "Deal with it Princess, you can sleep when you're dead."

:D

9 hours ago, katiebour said:

I realized after the first 100 hours that I had nicknamed my character "Princess."  As in "shut up, Princess, you'll be fine," or "Deal with it Princess, you can sleep when you're dead."

:D

for me it was Buttercup. :) 

at first i thought that more vocalizations were a good idea but after a while i thought "wouldn't it be kind of annoying to have your character always talking". although i would be okay with him/her having more vocalizations as long you have the ability to tone down the amount of times they talk. 

I kind of agree with you anyway, but I'm conflicted.

A lonely person would feel the need to speak, more often than necessary probably. In the movie "Cast Away" we've seen Tom Hanks creating a fictional character made with a ball just to interact with something (that turned to be "someone"), because I think communication it's a human need.

That said, I think it's perfect how it is now after all.

I just enjoy the noise of my boot on the snow, the sound of the wind, the beautiful and magic musics coming up when you don't expect them, the silence surrounding me.

Archived