More Rabbit Skin Items

Ahatch

yes I want a rabbit skin hat, and maybe a rabbit vest where the wolf coat is bit, a rabbit vest would not cover the arms but it would help the torso.

lots of little skins would take more material and decay faster but still useful....

think of it like this... if you were the character.... would you let 50 pelts sit idle? no you would create a make shift bed, or blanket or hat, shirt etc.... rabbit skin slippers for the inside.... or in the fishing huts... :)

With the new clothing situation, I could easily see rabbit skins being used for hats and ear coverings. The same goes for the other furs, such as bear and wolf. Why not allow us to have a fur wolf hat, perhaps made from the head of the wolf, That would be awesome!

I've been rooting for more rabbit skin uses ever since I joined this forum.  Here are some old ideas I came up with over a year and half ago:

1. Mend Clothing with Rabbits Pelts
    • Rather than trekking out in the middle of snow storm to stalk down a deer just to repair that small tear in your deerskin pants, why not use one of those rabbit pelts you have stacked up in a heaping mound on your cabin floor that you haven't found a use for yet? 9_9
    • Rabbit pelts can be used as a substitute material to repair fur clothing, though to a limited degree
    • The initial repair would use 1 rabbit pelt and 1 gut, and would repair the damaged article of clothing by up to 15%
    • The next repair would repair only 14%, then the next would repair only 13%, and so on until the fifth repair, which would repair the article of clothing one final time at only 10%
    • After that fifth repair, you would not be able to repair that piece of clothing until you repaired it atleast once with the animal pelt that currently does the job (i.e. deer pelt for deerskin boots, wolf pelt for wolf-skin jacket, etc.), in which case the next repair you perform with rabbit pelts would begin again at 15%
    • In total, the maximum amount you could repair any clothing item with rabbit pelts (excluding rabbit mittens and cap, of course) would be 70%
  2. Rabbit Fur Cap
    • A cap made out of warm, fluffy rabbit's fur.
    • Provides +2 C (+3.6 F) in felt temperature; +1.5 C(+2.7 F) in wind chill protection
    • Weighs 0.5 kg (1.1 lbs)
    • 50% Waterproof
    • 3% Protection
    • Recipe: requires 3 rabbit pelts, 2 guts,, 1 sewing kit and 8 hours to fabricate
    • Mends: 1 rabbit pelt, 1 gut, 30 minutes repairs 30%

On 04/02/2017 at 6:40 PM, Mel Guille said:

How do you think an item made of lots of little hides versus a few large ones might be different? Would it be more challenging to craft?

i think rabbit pelt should be used for the underwear. as you can make trousers of deerskin, it would be very uncomfortable for underpants while rabbit fur could be a lot better. this would justify its use a lot more than being challenging.

I would also like to see socks and as others mentioned hats would be good too. maybe make more than one kind. a light skin cap like steppe nomads used to wear, it would save from frostbite and have a small windshield effect and a big heavy russian winter hat with ultimate warmth and windshield effect but being heavy. while deer skin and rabbit pelt could be used as shirt material.

i also like @Muk_Pile idea about fixing small damages on wolf/deer cloths with rabbit pelt while the original material could be used for more major repairs...

also, i would like to see poaches, belts etc to be crafted of deer and rabbit skin to increase carry capacity... after a while dressing up makes you unable to carry anything. (my poor lady has soooo much cloth on her she cant take water and food or cant run lol)

Archived